Are you looking to expand your career in a rewarding new field? Have you been wanting to become part of a bigger purpose?
At Heartspring, you get to do both.
Heartspring is the leading provider of autism services and pediatric services for children with special needs in Wichita, KS and the surrounding communities. Each year, hundreds of families reach out to Heartspring for resources for their children ages birth to 21. Heartspring is also home to a one-of-a-kind residential school for local, regional, and international children impacted by autism.
Serving the mission through knowledge and skills
As a Payroll Accountant at Heartspring, you will get to use your skills to carry out the vision of creating hope and opportunities for children with special needs.
By assisting the director of accounting with the day-to-day operations of the accounting and payroll department, regulatory compliance requirements, annual audits, and budgets, you will be instrumental in keeping fiscal operations running efficiently to continue serving children in need of our services.
Main Duties include:
- Assist with payroll processing.
- Responsible for the preparation of documents to meet regulatory compliance requirements for payroll and benefits.
- Review retirement plan transactions to ensure that we are adhering with plan document specifications and employee eligibility requirements.
- Reconcile benefit invoices to payroll deductions.
- Coordinate electronic transfer of funds for payroll taxes and benefits.
- Generate ad hoc and other internal reports.
- Assist Accounting Director with annual audits and budget process.
- Assist with general accounting month-end closing procedures, including journal entries, allocations, billing reports and general ledger account reconciliations.
- Assist with accounting inquiries from Heartspring staff.
- Complete special projects as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting, human resources, or business administration with a major in accounting.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in payroll or accountanting.
- Understanding of payroll procedures and regulatory compliance requirements.
- High level of integrity, dependability, and confidentiality
- Advanced knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of accounting software and payroll software
Heartspring offers a generous benefit package including two weeks paid vacation, sick leave, insurance, and retirement plans. Benefits for licensed positions also include liability insurance, continuing education, licensure, and professional dues.
Creating hope and opportunity that changes the lives of children with special needs and their families
To apply for this position, please: