The Accounting Assistant is responsible for assisting the Payroll Accountant with bi-weekly payroll processing. The Accounting Assistant will also assist the Director of Accounting with the residential school billing and month-end closing process.
- Assist Payroll Accountant with bi-weekly payroll processing.
- Assist Payroll Accountant with payroll related requests, documentation, and reporting.
- Remote deposit the cash receipts checks processed by the Accounting Clerk on a daily basis.
- Manage monthly Visa statements
- Send logs out to cardholders
- Track/follow up on return of logs
- Prepare and post journal entry.
- Scan all receipts and documentation
- Assist with month-end close:
- Prepare and post journal entries
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts
- Residential School Billing
- Assist Director of Accounting with entry of tuition and therapy charges.
- Print, prepare, scan, and mail monthly invoices to funding sources
- Monitor and enter charges to be billed to the parents.
- Print, process automatic payments, and mail monthly parent statements.
- Prompt and regular attendance is required for this position.
- Proficient in Excel
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Provide backup for the Accounting Clerk
Monday - Friday
EDUCATIONAL, TRAINING, AND LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
- Associate's Degree or equivalent experience required
- 3-4 years of experience preferred
- Frequent sitting at desk
- Occasional standing, walking, bending
- Occasional reaching, grasping, pulling
- Occasional lifting of up to thirty pounds
- Frequent use of computer and keyboard
- Office environment, indoors, climate-controlled
- Frequent use of computer and monitor
- Frequent Sitting
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 10-Key - Ability to enter accurate information using a 10-key numeric keypad
- Accounting – job requires knowledge of accounting principles and practices and the ability to read financial reports
- Accounting Software – job requires knowledge of accounting software, Blackbaud Financial Edge preferred
- Payroll Processing—job requires knowledge of payroll processing, Kronos WFR experience preferred
- Attention to Detail – job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing assigned tasks
- Data Entry - ability to enter accurate information into a computer program or system
- Dependability – job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and to fulfill obligations
- Integrity - job requires being honest, ethical, and the ability to maintain confidentiality
- Listening – ability to listen effectively and obtain information from others
- Organizational Skills - developing specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish assigned tasks
- Speaking - talking to others to convey information effectively
- Time Management - managing one's own time and the time of others
- Writing – the ability to communicate effectively in writing in order to convey information effectivel
Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, Life Insurance, 403B