The Accounting Clerk is responsible for accounts payable and cash receipts functions for Heartspring. Responsible for verifying that procedures and authorizations in place for payment disbursement are followed. Also handles petty cash functions for the organization. Assist the Director of Accounting with other duties and projects, as needed.
- Responsible for the Accounts Payable functions including:
- Enter and scan copies of all invoices in the accounting software.
- Distribute electronic copies of invoices to department heads for appropriate general ledger account coding and approval for payment.
- Verify general ledger account coding for accuracy and ensure all invoice approvals comply with company policy regarding dollar limits.
- Process payments weekly prioritizing invoice payments according to due dates and discounts.
- Maintain recurring payment contracts and initiate payments per the terms of contracts.
- Reconcile vendor billing statements and resolve any differences.
- Maintain vendor list.Set up new vendors, request W9 if appropriate, and enter information in accounting software to track 1099 information.
- Responsible for Cash Receipts functions including:
- Enter and scan all cash receipts documentation in the accounting software.
- Prepare daily deposit and forward to Accounting Director to deliver to the bank.
- Update daily ledger
- Distribute, maintain, and reconcile petty cash transactions.
- Handle inquiries from vendors and Heartspring staff pertaining to invoices and payment processing.
- Prompt and regular attendance is required for this position.
- Sort and distribute departmental mail daily.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Frequent sitting at desk
- Occasional standing, walking, bending
- Occasional reaching, grasping, pulling
- Occasional lifting of up to thirty pounds
- Frequent use of computer and keyboard
- Office environment, indoors, climate-controlled
- Frequent use of computer and monitor
- Minimum of two years of accounting experience with an emphasis in accounts payable, cash receipts, and general ledger.
- Associate's degree in Accounting preferred
- Knowledge of accounting principles and the ability to read financial reports required
- Proficiency in accounting software required; Blackbaud Financial Edge preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel required
- Minimum of two years of accounting experience with an emphasis in accounts payable, cash receipts and general ledger
- High level of integrity and trustworthiness and the ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to prioritize and process work quickly and accurately while dealing with interruptions and changing priorities
Please include salary requirements and/or history with resume.
Heartspring offers a generous benefit package including two weeks paid vacation, sick leave, insurance, and retirement plans for full-time employees.