Adaptive Physical Education Paraprofessional
A Paraprofessional is responsible for providing hands-on support to the Adaptive Physical Education Teacher when preparing lessons and teaching students in the APE classroom. Their duties include but are not limited to: helping with skill development during APE activities, tracking a student’s grades, assisting with IEPs and Progress Reports, and setting up and taking down the APE classroom materials.
- Serve as a guide in instructing students in proper skill development.
- Assist the APE teacher in keeping records for grading and attendance.
- Get materials and equipment ready and put away for APE class.
- Reinforce activities by reviewing material one-on-one or in small groups with APE students.
- Supervise and assist students during and between APE classes, field trips, and on the playground where needed.
- Assist students who need additional help learning a specific skill.
- Aide the APE Teacher in IEP and Progress report development.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and verbal communication.
- Ability to assist in APE classroom instruction and skill development.
- Ability to work closely with children with disabilities.
- Excellent teamwork skills.
- Ability to remain calm and patient in all situations.
- Knowledge of Lifetime Sports and skills.
- CPR/AED Certification
- Covid-19 Vaccine Required per Federal Mandate
- Able to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift heavy objects (100lbs+) or assist in doing so.
- Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Education, professional development, and scholarship opportunities
- Vacation, Sick, and Holiday Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
Heartspring is an EEO employer.