Are you searching for a rewarding career?
Heartspring is looking for a detail-oriented individual to support and assist the Director of Admissions & Outreach in various activities to aide in promoting Heartspring’s programs. The Admissions Assistnat will assist with the admissions process, support licensing and accreditation requirements, and assist in outreach initiatives. This person will assist in providing administrative and clerical support, assist with some internal and external correspondence, assist with coordinating schedules, activities, and events, and will serve as a back-up to provide occasional tours, or meet with families/guests for paperwork completion, etc.
As Admissions Assistant, you will:
- Support the Director in various functions for Heartspring School Admissions:
- Understand all of Heartspring’s various programs; screen and route inquiries to appropriate person/department, and provide initial information (or follow-up) about the Heartspring school program
- Schedule and coordinate tours of Heartspring (specifically the school program) for families, referral agencies, school district personnel, and other professionals. Occasionally serve as a back-up to provide these tours.
- Assist in coordinating various details for admissions to attend conferences/exhibiting in local, regional, and nation-wide settings.
- Serve as a main point of contact for coordinating admissions activities when other admissions staff members are off-site.
- Assist with general follow-up to interested persons, post-phone call, post-tour, post-conference, etc. This includes data entry into the ACT! Database.
- Assist with and participate in the organization and implementation of special events, such as the annual Family Weekend.
- Assist with various aspects of a new (or potential) student enrollment, including record-keeping, documentation, communication with parents and referral agencies, scheduling meetings, scheduling the enrollment day, help with the enrollment day, etc.
- Provide clerical/administrative support, including printing, inventory, and preparing marketing materials as needed
- Support the Director in various outreach (and training) opportunities for parents or professionals
- Have a general understanding of (or be interested in learning about) different cultures
- Correspondence with interested persons by phone, web-submissions, email, etc.
- Arranging possible tours, site visits, trainings
- Scheduling and hosting the family and/or professional(s) on various days during their stay
- Preparing itineraries, agendas, handouts, training manuals, etc.
- Other various outreach responsibilities as required
- Primary contact for various licensing and accreditation bodies
- Keep current licenses/accreditations in good standing by submitting online changes, submitting renewals, maintaining records, writing correspondence, coordinating site-visits, etc.
- Research new licensing and accreditation opportunities, and submit new applications
- Provide corrective action documentation to internal staff for necessary revisions, coordinate and track internal processes, and provide course of corrective actions to licensing/accreditation bodies
- Other various licensing and accreditation responsibilities as required
Candidate must have exceptional organizational skills, and close attention to detail is a must. The ability to interact effectively with a variety of people is also an essential component of this position. Candidate should be able to effectively communicate compassion to families in crisis, and maintain professional appearance for interaction with on-campus guests. Candidate should be able to initiate and manage his/her own time without continual over-sight. Candidate must have excellent oral and written communication skills, intermediate word processing skills, experience in a variety of other software applications and basic understanding of using database(s). College experience is preferred but not required.
Heartspring offers a generous benefit package including two weeks paid vacation, sick leave, insurance, and retirement plans.
Creating hope and opportunity that changes the lives of children with special needs and their families
To apply for this position, please do one of the following: