Heartspring is searching for a team player interested in joining our crew as the Advancement Coordinator. The Advancement Coordinator will serve as an integral member of the Advancement Team providing support to the VP for Advancement and the Advancement Team which is comprised of the Philanthropy and Marketing teams. This position is responsible for providing stellar administrative support consisting of drafting detailed correspondence and helping with philanthropy and marketing related activities. H/She will assist with reviewing, researching and preparing benefactor files, gather information for correspondence, grants, proposals, scheduling appointments, and provide telephone assistance.
The Advancement Coordinator operates internally but is no doubt an external liaison of Heartspring. H/She is expected to sustain positive and mutually rewarding relationships between Heartspring and our benefactors including but not limited to ensuring gracious acknowledgement of financial contributors, fostering relationships with staff, sorority/ philanthropic organizations and event volunteers. The Advancement Coordinator must be able to take initiative, demonstrate the ability to multi-task and most of all have fun.
Administrative, Clerical, Communication
- Manage VP for Advancement’s calendar; scheduling and confirming appointments and coordinating travel arrangements.
- Organize mail, mileage reports, credit card statement, requisitions and other clerical duties for the VP for Advancement, Director of Philanthropy, Marketing Manager and Event Coordinator.
- Monitor and communicate deadlines with team for dashboard, reporting, etc.
- Prepare benefactor meeting packets and assists with preparing presentations.
- Mail benefactor birthday cards and other correspondence as necessary.
- Answer the telephone and takes appropriate messages for the VP for Advancement.
- Prepare and submit monthly Advancement reports.
- Record and track budget expenses for the VP for Advancement. Additionally, assist in preparation of annual department budget.
- Record and track donor contacts via the Raisers Edge NXT database.
- Cross train with the Database Manager for gift entry recording.
Volunteer Coordination Assistance
- Partner with event coordinator to establish volunteer needs for Heartspring’s special events. Prepare volunteer positon descriptions. Assist in communicating, recruiting, training and organizing volunteers for day of event.
- Work with departments throughout the organization to identify potential volunteer positions and recruit appropriate volunteers to fill them.
- Screen, interview and place individuals wishing to volunteer at Heartspring.
- Provide appropriate follow up and support to volunteers and staff utilizing volunteers.
- Assist in maintaining volunteer portfolio and database to track volunteer involvement and hours. Ensure volunteer information is accessible to advancement staff to create an overall picture of individual and group involvement.
- Respond to requests for Heartspring program information, brochures, and other support materials.
- Act as the representative for Heartspring when gifts are delivered to the campus. Distribute gift-in-kind items and generate receipts with the assistance of the Database Manager.
- Coordinate Adopt-A-Classroom/Home Giving Program; includes yearly program set up, gift entry and delivery to student’s classrooms, taking photos, and correspondence by letters, phone calls and emails with participants.
Secondary Job Functions:
- Assist with preparation and planning for donor/fundraising events.
- Provide phone coverage to the administration reception desk one day per week (two breaks and lunch).
- Play key supportive role in all Heartspring sponsored events.
- All other tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of two or more years of related work or volunteer experience preferred. Commensurate work experience also acceptable.
- Attention to detail and ability to manage several projects at once.
- Excellent grammar, writing, editing and formatting skills.
- Proficient in a wide offering of the Microsoft Office Suite; i.e. Word, Access, Power Point, and Excel.
- Experience with Raiser’s edge or equivalent CRM system preferred but not required.
- Work independently, efficiently and successfully collaborate with a team.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending, 403 (B)