Certified Medication Aide (CMA)- PT Weekends
The Certified Medication Aide (CMA) is responsible for accurately distributing and documenting medications to Heartspring students in a group home residential setting.
- Distribute and document prescribed medications to students in the Heartspring School.
- Perform audits of medication cabinets and Medication Administration Records (MARs), to ensure all medications were passed appropriately.
- Ensure compliance with KDHE regulations regarding medication storage.
- Inform Heartspring Medical Office of any health-related concerns observed.
- Assist with the delivery of MARs and refills medications to the group homes.
- Audits medication records for error reports that are not turned in or completed.
- Facilitates communication between the Medical Office and second-shift paraeducators regarding medication changes or medically-ordered treatments.
- Prompt and regular attendance is required for this position.
- Check and restock first aid kits.
- Observes snacks being offered to students.
- Cuts/trims fingernails and toenails as needed.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
This position is PT weekends.
- Saturday from 7 AM to 9 PM
- Sunday & 7AM to 9 PM.
EDUCATIONAL, TRAINING, AND LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
- Must have and maintain current Kansas CMA certification.
- Minimum 2 years' experience as a CMA.
- Must maintain CPR certification.
- Must maintain S&PA certification (annual).
- Able to perform significant, prolonged, and frequent amounts of walking, standing, sitting, stooping, squatting, bending, twisting, reaching, and kneeling.
- Occasional lifting of up to 10 pounds.
- Occasional exposure to infectious disease, parasites, bodily fluids, and blood-borne pathogens.
- Potential exposure to physical contact from students, including slapping, hitting, punching, kicking, head-butting, and biting.
- Occasional exposure to all weather conditions, including heat, cold, wind, rain, and snow/ice.
- Mandatory use of Heartspring-standard personal protective equipment.
- Mandatory use of medical protective equipment when required.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Attention to Detail – job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing assigned tasks.
- Critical Thinking - using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- Data Entry - ability to enter accurate information into a computer program or system.
- Dependability – job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and to fulfill obligations.
- Integrity - job requires being honest, ethical, and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Listening – ability to listen effectively and obtain information from others.
- Microsoft Office - proficiency with Microsoft Office component programs.
- Organizational Skills - developing specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish assigned tasks.
- Speaking – the ability to communicate effectively orally in order to convey information effectively.
- Technology – job requires the ability to use/operate a standard computer system and hand-held devices.
- Team-oriented - capable of working effectively within a team environment.
- Time Management - managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Writing – the ability to communicate effectively in writing in order to convey information effectively.
Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, Life Insurance, 403B
Heartspring is a drug-free campus. Heartspring is an EEO employer.