Certified Medication Aide (CMA) - PRN
The Certified Medication Aide (CMA) is responsible for accurately distributing and documenting medications to Heartspring students in a group home residential setting.
- Distribute and document prescribed medications to students in the Heartspring School.
- Perform audits of medication cabinets and Medication Administration Records (MARs), to ensure all medications were passed appropriately.
- Ensure compliance with KDHE regulations regarding medication storage.
- Inform Heartspring Medical Office of any health-related concerns observed.
- Assist with the delivery of MARs and refills medications to the group homes.
- Audits medication records for error reports that are not turned in or completed.
- Facilitates communication between the Medical Office and second-shift paraeducators regarding medication changes or medically-ordered treatments.
- Prompt and regular attendance is required for this position.
- Check and restock first aid kits.
- Observes snacks being offered to students.
- Cuts/trims fingernails and toenails as needed.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
EDUCATIONAL, TRAINING, AND LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
- Must have and maintain current Kansas CMA certification.
- Minimum 2 years' experience as a CMA.
- Must maintain CPR certification.
- Must maintain S&PA certification (annual).
- COVID-19 vaccine required per federal mandate, exceptions for medical or religious exemptions will be reviewed per request.
Heartspring is a drug-free campus. Heartspring is an EEO employer.