Client Records Specialist
The Client Records Specialist for Heartspring is responsible for managing and maintaining the records for all Heartspring clients, to include outpatient, school, and residential departments. The Client Records Specialist will follow all policies, procedures, and practices in compliance with organization, state, and federal regulations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor and work inbound fax lines.
- Create accounts and files for all new Heartspring students and clients.
- Manage accounts for all current and previous Heartspring students and clients.
- Inform/communicate with therapists when client records from outside sources are received.
- Assist with mail handling for Outpatient Therapy and Client Records departments.
- Prompt and regular attendance is required.
- Promote and uphold the Heartspring mission, vision, and values.
- Other duties as assigned.
Educational, Experience, and Licensure Requirements
- High school diploma, or equivalent required.
- Knowledge of medical software systems preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience working in a medical office.
- Knowledge of HIPAA & FERPA guidelines.
Required Organizational Competencies
- Advocacy: Uses expertise to influence and advocate for improved practice and to advance organizational outcomes.
- Analytical Thinking: Demonstrates the ability to analyze information and use logic to address work-related issues and problems.
- Collaboration: Demonstrates the ability to work productively within and across teams to achieve goals that are customer centered.
- Communication: Applies a customer centered approach to deliver and exchange information that leads to mutual understanding.
- Critical Thinking: Demonstrates ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- Expertise: Demonstrates advancing knowledge, skills and abilities in role and in field of practice.
- Integrity: Demonstrates quality of honest, ethical, and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Organizational Advancement: Demonstrates actions that support organizational growth based on a shared understanding of the current and future Heartspring operating environment.
- Professionalism: Demonstrates attitudes, behaviors and orientations that are consistent with the conduct, aims and qualities that characterize Heartspring.
- Able to perform significant, prolonged, and frequent amounts of walking, standing, sitting, stooping, squatting, bending, twisting, reaching, and kneeling.
- Frequent use of technology, such as phone, iPod, iPad, computer and keyboard.
- Occasional reaching, grasping and pulling.
- Frequent lifting of 30 Pounds.
- Frequent repetitive motion such as sitting, talking on the phone and typing
- Constant use of hearing, seeing and speaking.
- Office environment, indoors, climate controlled.
Heartspring offers a generous benefits package including three weeks of paid vacation, sick leave, medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, short term disability insurance and retirement plans. Heartspring also offers opportunities to grow within and advance your careers through on-the-job training, internal promotion preferences, and the Heartspring scholarship program to help you go back to school.
Heartspring is a drug-free campus. Heartspring is an EEO employer.