Client Records Specialist - P/T
- Monitor and work inbound fax lines.
- Create accounts and files for all new Heartspring students and clients.
- Manage accounts for all current and previous Heartspring students and clients.
- Inform/communicate with therapists when client records from outside sources are received.
- Assist with mail handling for Outpatient Therapy and Client Records departments.
- Prompt and regular attendance is required.
- Promote and uphold the Heartspring mission, vision, and values.
- Other duties as assigned.
Educational, Training, and Licensure Requirements
- High school diploma, or equivalent.
- Knowledge of medical software systems preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience working in a medical office.
- Knowledge of HIPAA & FERPA guidelines.
- Able to perform significant, prolonged, and frequent amounts of walking, standing, sitting, stooping, squatting, bending, twisting, reaching, and kneeling.
- Frequent use of technology, such as phone, iPod, iPad, computer and keyboard.
- Occasional reaching, grasping and pulling
- Office environment, indoors, climate-controlled.
Knowledge & Skills
- Analytical Thinking - the ability to analyze information and use logic to address work-related issues and problems
- Attention to Detail – job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing assigned tasks
- Data Entry - ability to enter accurate information into a computer program or system
- Dependability – job requires being reliable and responsible to fulfill obligations
- Integrity - job requires being honest, ethical, and the ability to maintain confidentiality
- Listening – ability to listen effectively and obtain information from others
- Organizational Skills - prioritize, organize, and accomplish assigned tasks by deadlines
- Speaking – the ability to communicate orally in order to convey information effectively
- Time Management - managing one's own time to produce results
- Writing –ability to communicate effectively in writing to convey information
Heartspring offers a generous benefits package including three weeks of paid vacation, sick leave, medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, short term disability insurance and retirement plans. Heartspring also offers opportunities to grow within and advance your careers through on-the-job training, internal promotion preferences, and the Heartspring scholarship program to help you go back to school.
Heartspring is a drug-free campus. Heartspring is an EEO employer.