Computer Systems Assistant
The Computer Systems Assistant is responsible for assisting the System Administrator in managing the hardware and software of the local computer network (LAN) at Heartspring.
- Set up new computer hardware/software.
- Setup, maintain, and troubleshoot IPod hardware/software
- Setup, maintain, and troubleshoot peripheral devices such as printers, faxes, IPad’s, etc.
- Troubleshoot any hardware/software problems encountered by staff concerning computer related issues.
- As directed by the Systems Administrator in maintaining the LAN:
- Disseminate software to areas requesting programs.
- Perform software upgrades on computer systems.
- Assist the Director of IT in maintaining the LAN:
- Responsible for learning the configuration and troubleshooting network software.
- Prompt and regular attendance is required.
- Provide staff training on existing and new computer hardware/software.
- Provide smartboard maintenance and repair for the numerous smartboards throughout Heartspring.
- Responsible for assisting the System Administrator with maintaining an inventory, including mode, location, and specific function of all computer equipment at Heartspring.
Any other duties as assigned
EDUCATIONAL, TRAINING, AND LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
This position requires a High school diploma or equivalent.
A+ certification preferred.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- General knowledge of computer repair or experience.
- General knowledge of domain networking or experience.
- Ability to work well individually or in group environments.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to take good documentation.
- Interest / Knowledge in web design and programming.
- Any programming background beneficial.
Heartspring offers competitive compensation based on experience and education.
Heartspring offers generous benefits including (but not limited to) health, vision, and dental benefts, paid sick and vacation leave, as well as flexible spending and retirement accounts.