Responsible for maintaining buildings in a clean and orderly condition.
- Completes light janitorial duties including restocking paper products, sanitizing environments, kitchen/ restroom cleanliness and other maintenance cleaning tasks observed.
- Completes daily building walk through to ensure cleanliness, order and safety.
- Respond to calls for immediate clean up in client/student serving environments to maintain sanitary standards
- Assist with laundry in outpatient services.
- Assist in running Zono machine cycles to help sanitize objects including classroom and therapy supplies.
- Reports any observed maintenances issues or concerns that need to be fixed, escalating any safety, sanitary or fire hazards to direct supervisor.
- Maintains cleaning supply inventory and requests new supplies before inventory is depleted.
- Assist with event set up, including moving tables, rearranging rooms, moving chairs, and event tear downs.
- Assists in moving classroom, group home and office furniture as needed.
- Flexibility to work varying hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays, if needed
- Prompt and regular attendance is required.
- Comply with all the safety and health rules and regulations
- Painting and light facility maintenance (change lightbulbs, minor repairs, etc.)
- Other duties as requested.
Educational, Training, and Licensure Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 3-5 years custodial experience preferred. Custodial experience in school/clinic setting is a plus.
- Current Kansas Driver’s License required.
- Due to potential hazards of the position, must be at least 18 years old
- Must be able to sit, stand, kneel, squat, walk, stoop, bend, twist.
- Regularly lifts 20 pounds.
- Occasionally lifts 50 pounds.
- Exposure to noise, chemicals, electrical hazards and mechanical hazards for periods of time
This position works both in and out of doors. Occasional exposure to all weather conditions, including heat, cold, wind, rain, and snow/ice. Exposure to noise, chemicals, electrical hazards and mechanical hazards.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Oral and Written Instruction: follow directions and complete tasks given both orally and in written form
- Time Management: daily tasks completed with minimal supervision
- Safety: awareness of safety of Heartspring Students and staff
- Collaboration: working with other members of the facility department to ensure cleanliness and reduce any safety concerns.
Compensable based on experience.
Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance
Edcuation, professional development and scholarship opportunities
Vacation, Sick, and Holiday Leave
Employee Assistance Program
Flexible Spending Accounts
Heartspring is a drug-free campus. Heartspring is an EEO employer.