The Data Analyst will work across several different departments within the organization to create reports, pivot tables, interactive dashboards, and other visualizations of data associated with students, clients, and other stakeholders to provide insight to the leadership team in support of decision-making efforts. The data analyst must be a people person as much as a number person—collaborating and building strong cross-functional partnerships are necessary to be successful.
- Design, build and iterate tools and processes that help our organization make performance management and improvement decisions.
- Track, gather, analyze, and aggregate data on persons served and stakeholders.
- Test, validate, and evaluate data visualizations for accuracy, performance, and alignment with organization priorities and communicate those findings through the use of data visualization and detailed reports.
- Lead performance measurement and management initiatives to ensure CARF Accreditation
- Collaborate with Division Directors and other members of the Leadership Team to assess performance measurement gaps
- Data collection for specific students/clients or stakeholders as need
- Generate monthly, quarterly, and yearly performance visual and written measurement reports
- Experience cleaning, validating, maintaining, and manipulating large datasets
- Collaborate with subject matter experts to identify the appropriate data and reports to support the organization and stakeholder decision making
- Designs specifications for custom report request with the input of subject matter experts
- Utilize strong task management skills to prioritize needs, communicate timeliness and deliver solutions that meet the needs of the organization and programs. Continuously work to improve reporting and data analysis.
- Interact with all internal and external customers in a friendly and professional manner
- Use good judgement to make decision on recurring assignments
- Excellent analytical, written and verbal communication skills in order to communicate with others inside and outside of the organization for the purpose of giving and obtaining information
- Ability to perform as an effective team player
- Ability to plan, organize, make decisions and prioritize work to meet the daily demands of the departments.
Educational, Training, and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, mathematics, statistics management information systems or similar with 3 to 5 years of experience.
- Analytics experience, preferably at a school system, healthcare or non-profit is preferred.
- Ability to easily consume, process and analyze data, as well as to respond with appropriate strategies and tactics.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work autonomously as well as collaboratively, ready to produce results.
- Presentation skills of data material and helps implement necessary information across the organization.
- To include presenting training materials (FAQ, Fact Sheets, Cheat Sheets, etc.) to end users that result in staff gaining proficiency and being empowered to adapt to ongoing changes.
- Regular lifting of up to 10 pounds.
- Occasional lifting of up to 30 pounds.
- Sitting at a desk for long periods of time.
- Constant use of overall vision with continuous reading and close-up work.
- Hand and finger dexterity for frequent repetitive writing, typing, grasping, reaching, and pulling.
- Hearing and talking skills in person and on the phone.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Experience with data visualization tools
- Knowledge of data management applications
- Experience with Microsoft Access
Benefits:Heartspring offers a generous benefits package including three weeks of paid vacation, sick leave, medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, short term disability insurance and retirement plans. Heartspring also offers opportunities to grow within and advance your careers through on-the-job training, internal promotion preferences, and the Heartspring scholarship program to help you go back to school.
Heartspring is a drug-free campus. Heartspring is an EEO employer.