Development Associate, Gift Processing and Database Management
The Development Associate for Gift Processing and Database Management will serve in the Development Department by being responsible for prompt and accurate gift entry, ensuring gracious acknowledgement of gifts from Heartspring supporters.
The Development Associate for Gift Processing and Database Management will collect information to assist development team members in the cultivation and solicitation of annual, leadership and major level donors and prospects. S/he will monitor and maintain the Raiser’s Edge database, developing and implementing database policies, procedures and processes. S/he will also prepare donor reporting and prospecting lists for upcoming events, appeals and stewardship events.
The Development Associate of Gift Processing and Database Management reports to the Director of Development.
- Gift Entry
- Enter and process gifts of cash, credit card, PayPal, and gifts-in-kind.
- Manage Heartspring’s donor database, ensuring the accuracy of records and data integrity as well as up to date funds, campaigns and appeals.
- Ensure all donors receive timely acknowledgement letters.
- Run daily gift entry reports for records and cash receipts journal for deposit records.
- Ensure collection from all available matching gift programs.
- Coordinate integration of Raiser’s Edge and Financial Edge with Accounting Department.
- Database Management
- Develop and implement database policies, procedures and processes.
- Manage and research database to identify annual, leadership and major gift prospects and obtain information concerning financial capability; special interests, past and current connections with the organization, close friends, family and advisors, and financial contributions to other causes.
- Oversee electronic screening of donor database with periodic audits to ensure records are current along with managing access and permissions of others users.
- Determine and develop research strategies to evaluate, organize, and edit information for preparation of comprehensive biographical profiles for individual, corporation, and foundation prospects.
- Analyze information to assess prospect relationships with Heartspring and financial capability and to establish philanthropic patterns.
- Create mailing lists for appeals, including Dialogue, direct mail, and special events.
- Create and maintain queries and custom reports as required.
- Implement new Raiser’s Edge procedures and maintain and update the Raiser’s Edge procedures manual.
- Work with consultant and user groups to ensure best practices and efficient use of the system.
- Coordinate importing of data from other databases utilized at Heartspring, including Raintree, Auction Maestro Pro, and event webpage data tables.
- Prepare and submit required reports and statistical analysis.
- Assist with preparation and planning for donor/fundraising events.
- Sitting at a desk for long periods of time.
- Constant use of overall vision with continuous reading and close-up work.
- Hand and finger dexterity for frequent repetitive writing, typing, grasping, reaching, and pulling.
- Hearing and talking skills in person and on the phone.
- Office environment, indoors, climate controlled.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and a minimum of two or more years of related work or volunteer experience preferred.
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge or equivalent CRM system.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills with a proven ability to write effectively and speak persuasively; strong ability to tell a compelling story.
- Attention to detail and ability to manage several projects at once.
- Excellent writing and computer skills (Microsoft Office: Word, Access, PowerPoint and Excel)
- A genuine interest in the mission, vision and strategic direction of Heartspring.
- A commitment to Heartspring’s values of excellence, celebration, leadership, service, possibility and integrity.
Heartspring offers health, vision, and dental insurances, paid sick leave and paid vacation, and employees are eligible to begin contributions to a 403 (b) retirement vehicle.