Direct Care Professional- 2nd Shift
- Personal hygiene and grooming
- Eating and meal preparation
- Leisure time and recreation
- The ideal candidate is a team player with a true sense of grit, humility, and a compassionate, caring attitude towards others.
- Compassion above all else!
- A desire and passion to work with children and young adults with special needs.
- Effective teamwork skills
- Provide a safe, clean, and nurturing environment that meets and/or exceeds all requirements set forth by Heartspring.
- Provide a structured environment for students by following the schedule of activities that promotes the student’s learning opportunities and their independent living skills.
- Implement and document the students’ training programs as prescribed in the Individualized Education Plan (IEP) or informal training programs in the home setting.
- Implement, document, and provide input into the Student Support Plan (SSP), as outlined by the psychology department.
- Implement and document student-specific training in specialized areas, as prescribed by the students’ teams (i.e., Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, and Speech Therapy).
- Escort students to off-campus events, including special outings, field trips, and healthcare appointments.
- Perform and assist with non-violent behavior management system for crisis intervention as needed.
- Adhere to all procedures and techniques as outlined in the Non-Violent Crisis Intervention Training (NCI) training.
- Communicate effectively with students, parents, team members, supervisors, and all persons involved in the students’ programs.
- Document and/or report any health concerns, whether ongoing (i.e. diabetes, seizures) or emergent (i.e., lacerations, bruises).
- Document and report any instances of abuse, neglect, exploitation, or other unusual incidents or events, as per Heartspring and Department of Child & Family Services guidelines.
- Assist in training and welcoming new Home Paraeducators into the Group Homes.
- Provide specific verbal praise for students throughout the day.
- Prepare and serve meals for students as needed, based on dietary restrictions and programming needs.
- Provide for the safety and protection of the students in the event of an emergency (fire, tornado, severe weather, etc.), whether on campus or out in the community.
- Label and maintain students’ clothing and personal belongings and notifying the supervisor of any needs in a timely manner.
- Complete tasks as assigned by supervisor.
- Complete other duties, as assigned.
Education, Training and Licensure Requirements:
- A GED or high school diploma
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must successfully complete all required orientation and training conducted by Heartspring staff.
- Must maintain S&PA certification (annual).
- Must maintain CPR certification.
Physical and Environment Requirements:
- COVID-19 vaccine required, exceptions for medical or religious exemptions will be reviewed per request.
- Able to perform significant, prolonged, and frequent amounts of walking, standing, sitting, stooping, squatting, bending, twisting, reaching, and kneeling.
- Regular lifting of up to 10 pounds.
- Occasional lifting of up to 30 pounds.
- Occasional exposure to infectious disease, parasites, bodily fluids, and blood-borne pathogens.
- Exposure to physical contact from students, including slapping, hitting, punching, kicking, head-butting, and biting.
- Occasional exposure to all weather conditions, including heat, cold, wind, rain, and snow/ice.
- Mandatory use of Heartspring-standard personal protective equipment.
- May require use of personal protective equipment, including gloves, helmets, arm guards, and leg guards.
Rotating Weeks: 3:30PM-12:00AM with some variance
Benefits:Heartspring offers a generous benefits package including three weeks of paid vacation, sick leave, medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, short term disability insurance and retirement plans. Heartspring also offers opportunities to grow within and advance your careers through on-the-job training, internal promotion preferences, and the Heartspring scholarship program to help you go back to school.
Heartspring is a drug-free campus. Heartspring is an EEO employer.