Direct Care Professional- 2nd Shift
Skill Builder. Purpose Finder. Life Changer.
Join the Heartspring family and help children learn, grow and find independence!
If you have a passion for working with children and young adults, and if you consider kindness and compassion two of your top strengths, becoming a Direct Care Professional at Heartspring will be the most rewarding career journey of your life.
The life-changing role of a Direct Care Professional:
Direct Care Professional change lives! They teach, nurture, and work closely with children and young adults with special needs to help them care for themselves and find independence in their lives. The role of the Direct Care Professional is to help students in areas such as communication, self-help, social skills, and daily living skills. Daily living skills activities include:
- Personal hygiene and grooming
- Eating and meal preparation
- Leisure time and recreation
The ideal candidate is a team player with a true sense of grit, humility, and a compassionate, caring attitude towards others.
We welcome all levels of experience, including (but not limited to) past jobs such as direct support provider, care attendant, home health aide, CNA, and/or educator. Direct care experience working with individuals with special needs is a plus. If you do not have direct care experience, don’t worry – we provide an excellent training program.
Requirements for a Direct Care Professional:
The candidate must have:
- A desire and passion to work with children and young adults with special needs
- Effective teamwork skills
- A GED or high school diploma
- A valid Kansas driver’s license and a clean driving record
- A physical ability to perform frequent amounts of walking, standing, sitting, stooping, squatting, kneeling, and lifting 30 pounds or more (The job can be quite active.)
- COVID-19 vaccine required per federal mandate, exceptions for medical or religious exemptions will be reviewed per request.
Hourly pay is based on experience starting at $15.00 per hour.
2nd Shift Weekday and 2nd Shift Weekend schedules available. Ask us about our unique scheduling options today!
Ready to start changing lives?
Find your purpose with us. Join Heartspring and start the rewarding career you’ve been searching for!
Heartspring offers a generous benefits package including three weeks of paid vacation, sick leave, medical/dental/vision insurance, and retirement plans. Direct Care Professionals also have many opportunities to grow within and advance their careers at Heartspring through on-the-job training, internal promotion preferences, and the Heartspring scholarship program to help you go back to school.
Heartspring is a drug-free campus. Heartspring is an EEO employer.