Director of Human Resources
As Heartspring’s Director of Human Resources, you will make an impact in the lives of our employees and children with special needs every day.
Heartspring is a leading nonprofit provider of autism and pediatric services for children with special needs in Wichita, KS and the surrounding communities. Our beautiful 39 acre campus is also home to a one-of-a-kind residential school for children impacted by autism.
We are on a significant growth track, expanding revenues by almost 60% over the last few years. With nearly 500 employees, a $27M budget, and serving more than 1,000 children each year, Heartspring is making a lasting impact in the lives of children with special needs and their families.
We are seeking an experienced, results-driven Director of Human Resources to live our values and lead our employees to success by creating a culture of trust, respect, and inclusivity.
Heartspring’s Director of Human Resources will lead all employee hiring and retention initiatives and will manage all policies and procedures related to talent and organizational culture development to enhance the achievement of Heartspring’s objectives.
Join our growing team, and help us provide the priceless gift of hope and opportunity to countless children and families.
As Heartspring’s Director of Human resources, you will:
- Develop and execute human resources strategies, programs, and initiatives that directly align with Heartspring business plans and strategies.
- Recruit, develop, and reward a dedicated team that lives our values and supports our mission to become a leading employer in our industry.
- Serve as a valuable and high performing member of the Executive Team, including problem solving, decision support, and leadership development.
- Develop and lead an effective recruiting program designed to attract high quality talent.
- Serve as employee relations officer, addressing concerns that impact employee morale, health, and productivity.
- Develop and implement comprehensive compensation and benefit plans that are competitive and cost effective for the organization.
- Develop and promote a program for employees to learn, grow, and develop their talents through in-house and external educational opportunities.
- Create and implement a leadership and supervisory training program to help develop high capacity leaders.
- Ensure compliance with all human resources regulatory requirements and employment law.
- Deliver effective selection, onboarding, and orientation activities to create a positive new employment experience and reduce first-year turnover.
- Develop and deliver timely and informative internal communications to employees.
- Respond to EEO complaints and prepare position statements.
- Deliver on human resources KPIs and metrics.
A successful Heartspring Leader
The ideal candidate is a persistent, analytical leader with business management experience, a team-oriented disposition, a remarkable sense of integrity, and devoted commitment to serve the Heartspring mission.
Requirements for the position include:
- 7+ years of human resources experience
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or related field
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP certification preferred
Heartspring offers a generous benefit package including two weeks paid vacation, sick leave, insurance, and retirement plans.
Creating hope and opportunity that changes the lives of children with special needs and their families
To apply for this position: