Director of Marketing
Heartspring is searching for a team player interested in joining our crew as the Director of Marketing. The Director of Marketing will serve as an integral member of the Marketing Team alongside the Philanthropy Team to achieve overall Advancement goals. The Director of Marketing is responsible for leading a small, but mighty team including the Creative and Multimedia Specialist. This position will work with the VP for Advancement to develop strategy and promote the Heartspring brand through public relations, direct advertising, web, and social media. The Director of Marketing designs, implements, and manages marketing initiatives with a primary objective of increasing client/student referrals, community awareness and benefactor support to include special events, annual giving, and formal proposals. This role ensures Heartspring’s marketing strategies, along with internal and external communications, represent the mission as innovative, quality assured, and outcomes oriented.
The Director of Marketing will operate in both internal and external capacities and is a front-line liaison of Heartspring. This position is expected to sustain positive and mutually rewarding relationships between Heartspring and our community of clients, students, and supporters and join forces with the VP for Advancement, department directors, and leaders to determine best strategies for advancement of internal goals and communicating necessary outcomes. This role will maintain ongoing and active networking with internal and external constituencies. The Director of Marketing must be a trusted and dedicated leader able to take initiative, demonstrate the ability to multi-task, and most of all have fun.
- Serve as a key Advancement Team leader and an active participant in strategic decision making impacting the mission of Heartspring.
- Develop, implement, lead, and monitor a comprehensive annual marketing plan designed to increase overall awareness and presence in the community and beyond.
- Responsible for public relations initiatives related to advertising, external communications, and media inquiries as they pertain to Heartspring events outside of the President’s office. Additionally, curate content and/or write articles and pitches to local, regional, and national media outlets.
- Maintain healthy relational efforts with members of the media and local marketing professionals to develop personal rapport and identify new business opportunities and trends.
- Direct Heartspring’s placement of paid advertising and printed marketing materials.
- Direct social media marketing campaigns and day-to-day social media activities, including developing relevant content for targeted audiences, creating and curating published content, and monitoring, listening, and responding to users in a ‘social’ way.
- Design, write, and edit internal and external communications, including web-based and newsletter content.
- Track, analyze, and report on key metrics adjusting strategy as necessary based on interpretations. Improve the marketing efficiencies by implementing new proactive approaches and responding quickly and effectively to changing priorities in a dynamic, deadline, and data-driven environment.
- Provide expert advice to program directors on marketing and advertising methods for new or existing programs/initiatives.
- Provide supervision and leadership support to Creative and Multimedia Specialist. Establish budgets, work plans, performance objectives, and goals for each team member and regularly review performance; provide professional development and training required to cultivate staff skills and professionalism.
- Provide direct marketing and communication support to the VP for Advancement by designing, compiling, and preparing reports, presentations, and correspondence as needed.
- Create content for materials (online and published, text and multimedia) that tell the Heartspring story to clients, benefactors, and members of the community.
- Possess and maintain knowledge of next-gen mar-com trends, digital creative platforms, user experience design, design thinking strategies, and design best practices. Engage in professional development to stay up to date on the latest trends and techniques.
- Produce monthly, quarterly, and annual reports for internal and external use.
- Attend and actively participate in Heartspring Hosted functions.
- Display and market at local events.
- Assist with idea creation to develop, plan, and execute stewardship activities in support of leadership initiatives.
- Assist Philanthropy Team with designing, writing, and editing high-level benefactor communications such as acknowledgement letters and newsletters. Develop strategies for traditional and e-based benefactor cultivation.
- Purchase and monitor marketing swag.
- Participate in professional development activities to remain current with industry trends and advancements.
- Keep others informed of information needed. Treat others with respect, maintaining a spirit of cooperation.
- Other duties, as assigned by the VP for Advancement.
Monday – Friday, some weekends as necessary for annual events and marketing events.
Education, Training, and Licensure Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required for this position. Minimum of three+ years of experience in front-line marketing and leadership preferred. Degree in Marketing, Integrated Marketing Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, or a related field preferred.
- Minimum of five years of full-time work experience in marketing or related field.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills with a proven ability to write effectively and speak persuasively; strong ability to tell a compelling story.
- Superior organizational skills with a strong sense of detail-orientation.
- Experience utilizing web and social tools to achieve organizational objectives, required.
- Ability to adapt to new methods.
- Capability to think strategically while executing tactically within a lean environment.
- Proficient in a wide offering of the Microsoft Office Suite: i.e. Word, Access, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite preferred.
- Work independently, efficiently and successfully collaborate with a team. Ability to multi-task, organize and prioritize work.
- Perform work with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to set and meet deadlines.
- Provide excellent internal and external customer service utilizing oral and written communication skills
- A genuine interest in the mission, vision, and strategic direction of Heartspring.
Ready to start changing lives?
Find your purpose with us. Join Heartspring and start the rewarding career you’ve been searching for!
Heartspring offers a generous benefit package including three weeks paid vacation, sick leave, medical/dental/vision insurance and retirement plans.
Heartspring is a drug-free campus. Heartspring is an EEO employer.