Director of Philanthropy
Heartspring is searching for a team player interested in joining our crew as the Director of Philanthropy. The Director of Philanthropy will serve as an integral member of the Philanthropy Team alongside the Marketing Team to achieve overall organizational funding goals. The Director of Philanthropy is responsible for leading a small but mighty team including the Grants Administrator and Database Manager. H/She will work with the VP for Advancement to develop fund raising priorities and strategies. The Director of Philanthropy designs, implements, and manages philanthropic programs which include staff giving, annual giving, grant writing, and planned giving. H/She ensures Heartspring’s philanthropic strategies, along with internal and external communications, represent the mission as innovative, quality assured, and outcomes oriented.
The Director of Philanthropy will operate in both internal and external capacities and is a front line liaison of Heartspring. H/She is expected to sustain positive and mutually rewarding relationships between Heartspring and our benefactors, join forces with the VP for Advancement, department directors and leaders to determine best strategies for advancement of internal goals and communicate necessary outcomes. H/She will maintain ongoing and active networking with internal and external constituencies. The Director of Philanthropy must be a trusted and dedicated leader able to take initiative, demonstrate the ability to multi-task and most of all have fun.
- Serve as a key Advancement Team leader and an active participant in strategic decision making impacting the mission of Heartspring.
- Develop, implement, and lead a comprehensive annual fundraising plant to raise in excess of 1.5 million dollars, growing towards 2-3M annually.
- Manage a portfolio of major, mid-level and annual benefactors.
- Evaluate current processes and systems that support fundraising initiatives, benefactor recognition, and campaign management for various special projects and events, in addition to creating objectives and success metrics.
- Develop strategies for traditional and e-based benefactor cultivation.
- Seek annual event sponsorships.
- Establish budgets, work plans, performance objectives, and goals for each team member and regularly review performance; provide professional development and training required to cultivate staff skills and professionalism.
- Manage and execute appropriate strategies for successfully identifying and engaging with new potential benefactors resulting in first-time and recaptured gifts to support the mission.
- Create content for materials (online and published, text and multi-media) that tell the Heartspring story to donors and individual prospects, ensuring these materials are segmented and distributed in a targeted, regular, timely, and consistent fashion.
- Produce monthly, quarterly, and annual reports.
- Attend and actively participate in Heartspring Hosted functions.
- Other duties, as assigned by the VP for Advancement.
Monday – Friday, some weekends as necessary for annual events.
EDUCATIONAL, TRAINING, AND LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Four years of experience in front-line fundraising preferred.
- Demonstrated success building and leading philanthropic functions in an entrepreneurial, high-performing nonprofit organization.
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge or equivalent CRM system preferred.
- Experience searching for and requesting foundation, local, state and federal grants
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills with a proven ability to write effectively and speak persuasively; strong ability to tell a compelling story.
- Superior organizational skills with a strong sense of detail-orientation.
- Capability to think strategically while executing tactically within a lean environment.
- Proficient in a wide offering of the Microsoft Office Suite; i.e. Word, Access, Power Point, and Excel
- Work independently, efficiently and successfully collaborate with a team
- Provide excellent internal and external customer service utilizing oral and written communication skills
- A genuine interest in the mission, vision, and strategic direction of Heartspring.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 403 (B)