Employee Relations Specialist
Are you looking for a rewarding career?
Heartspring is the leading provider of services for children with special needs in Wichita, KS and the surrounding communities. Each year, hundreds of families reach out to Heartspring for resources for their children age birth to 21.
At Heartspring, we pride ourselves on creating hope and opportunity not only for the children and families we serve, but for our employees as well. If you are passionate about helping others, and you consider kindness and compassion two of your top strengths, working at Heartspring will be the most rewarding career journey of your life!
Our Employee Relations Specialist is instrumental in promoting and maintaining a culture of trustworthiness and transparency, by serving as an advocate for Heartspring staff. The Employee Relations Specialist serves as an employee advocate by conducting incident and disciplinary investigations, as well as reviewing and accessing workplace reports and findings submitted by departments, managers, or staff, to determine if policy violations have occurred. This employee will also be responsible for drafting and issuing reports with official findings and proposed solutions in order to resolve employee relations matters. The incumbent works closely with the Chief People Officer, HR Manager, IT team, and others on a variety of matters concerning workplace behavior.
Some of the major responsibilities for this position include:
- Receive and review employee complaints; conduct internal investigations; interview witnesses and gather facts surrounding allegations of discrimination and harassment issues according to company policy and in accordance with best practices in this area.
- Provide day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions)
- Develop positive professional relationships with company supervisors, managers, and directors, and provide guidance and direction in collection of information during investigations.
- Ensure proper documentation of all investigatory matters and maintain thorough records.
- Prepare all necessary reports on individual investigations assigned and others as directed.
- Prepare timely and accurate analytical reports on investigation issues and trends
- Assist in implementing a standardized investigative process across the organization
- Facilitate exit and stay interviews with employees to gather information regarding company policies, benefits, salary and work environment.
- Responsible for facilitating and analyzing engagement surveys
- Tracks retention and turnover data and prepares reports
- Conducts focus groups and round table discussions as necessary
- Deliver investigative training as required.
- Provide HR generalist support for the organization as needed
- Collaborate with Trauma Informed Specialist to ensure employees needs are being met
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- PHR/SHRM-CP preferred
- 4 years of general Human Resources experience
- 2 years of experience conducting internal investigations
- Proficient knowledge of employment, wage and hour, EEO, Title VII, NLRA, FLSA and related legislation
- Ability to explain complex and/or confidential information.
- Proven ability to show initiative, assertiveness, and resourcefulness to effectively and timely resolve employee relations issues and investigations.
- Good project and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple cases at one time is essential.
- Critical thinking skills, a strong work ethic, solid organizational skills, and sound judgment.
- Superior interpersonal, customer service, teamwork and collaboration skills are essential.
- Proficiency in completing high-quality and accurate document and report preparation
- Problem solving, fact finding persistence and attention to detail is required.
Heartspring offers health, vision, and dental insurance, paid sick and vacation leave, and employees are eligible to begin contributions to a 403 (b) retirement vehicle after their first month of employment. Additionally, we cover CEUs and professional development. Working at Heartspring could make you eligible for Public Service Student Loan Forgiveness.