Grant Administrator (Writer)
Heartspring is searching for a team player interested in joining our crew as the Grants Writer. The Grants Writer will serve as an integral member of the Development Team alongside the Marketing Team to achieve overall organizational funding goals. Through thoughtful research, planning and the use of creative writing the Grants Writer will submit competitive request for proposals (RFP’s), grants, and formal proposals with the ultimate goal of creating lasting impact for the Heartspring mission. This position will not only prepare proposals but perform professional and administrative work in researching, identifying, developing, and responding to public, private, and federal funding opportunities.
- Create and sustain positive and mutually rewarding relationships between Heartspring and our benefactors
- Join forces with department directors and leaders to determine best strategies for advancement of internal goals
- Persistently research, plan, coordinate, and write grant requests.
- Knowledge of RFP’s, RFQ’s, grant applications, funding sources and proposal process.
- Ability to read and edit proposals with finite attention to detail.
- Exercise initiative and oversight of planning calendar and coordination of multiple time-sensitive projects.
- Initiate relationships with prospective funders.
- Schedule, coordinate and attend proposal meetings and debriefings.
- Work collaboratively with team members and departments to obtain necessary information to produce grants and proposals.
- Coordinate, compile, and organize information necessary to request and respond to grants, proposals and reports with close attention to formatting requirements.
- Intently monitor grant calendar; requirements, deadlines, and reporting dates.
- Work with marketing team and department leaders to coordinate program documentation, stories, photograph/video and testimonials that advance grant applications and reports.
- Ensure timely communication of awards and report deadlines with impacted staff.
- Assist/ Prepare written funding proposals for team members as needed.
- Maintain accurate database records for prospective and current funders.
- Manage and develop benefactor communications with assistance from the development and marketing managers.
- Continually monitor and improve grants services and processes.
- Continue education and growth in knowledge of grants work.
- Prepare reports for and attend Advancement Committee meetings as needed.
- Maintain subscriptions, memberships, and databases as assigned.
- Assist with preparation and planning for donor/fundraising events.
- Other duties as assigned.
Monday - Friday
Educational, Training, and Licensure Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Communication, Marketing or related field or
Additional four years of experience plus high school diploma accepted in lieu of degree
- Two or more years of grant writing or related work preferred
- Experience searching for and requesting government grants preferred
- APMP Certification preferred
- Experience with Raiser’s edge or equivalent CRM system preferred
Knowledge & Skills
- Excellent grammar, writing, editing and formatting skills
- Proficient in a wide offering of the Microsoft Office Suite; i.e. Word, Access, Power Point, and Excel
- Commitment to Heartspring’s values of excellence, celebration, leadership, service, possibility, and integrity
- Work independently, efficiently and successfully collaborate with a team
- Provide excellent internal and external customer service utilizing oral and written communication skills
Based upon education and experience.
Health, Dental, and Vision insurance; Retirement plan; paid vacation and sick leave; EAP; and Flexible Spending Account.
Heartspring is a drug-free campus. Heartspring is an EEO employer.