Grounds and Maintenance Technician
Are you looking for a job with a purpose? Do you enjoy working outside?
Look no further! At Heartspring, your work serves an important mission of helping improve the lives of children.
We are looking for a hard-working Grounds and Maintenance Technician to help us keep our campus clean, green, and in excellent working conditions!
Heartspring’s Grounds and Maintenance Technicians are responsible for performing generalized technical service, repair, and preventative maintenance on the campus. This position also maintains the campus grounds, lake, parking lots, and walkways.
Main Duties May Include:
- Maintain grounds by weeding, edging, mowing, raking, and trimming of grass, trees, and shrubbery.
- Maintain and repair grounds equipment in good working order.
- Ensure grounds are free of litter and debris.
- Maintain lake and surrounding vegetation; monitor and remove algae as needed.
- Aerate all fescue turf as scheduled.
- Maintain soils with organic compost to attain a nutrient-rich, well-drained environment to sustain healthy plant life.
- Remove snow/ice from walkways, parking lots, and streets in a timely manner. Additional hours/overtime may be required during show/ice events.
Other Duties May Include:
- Perform general maintenance and repairs of building interiors and exteriors.
- Safely operate shop and hand tools as required.
- Move and setup furniture and equipment in classrooms, bedrooms, and offices.
- Serve on the on-call rotation for evening and weekend emergency maintenance calls.
- Monitor and control geese population and nesting sites.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Valid Kansas drivers' license and good driving record required.
- Must demonstrate and ability to learn about and become proficient with the repair and maintenance of the various power grounds equipment and vehicle fleet used at Heartsping.
- Self-starter, able to work with limited supervision.
- Able to cultivate and demonstrate and awareness of the safely of Heartspring students and staff.
- Prompt and regular attendance is required for this position.
- Must be able to perform significant, prolonged, and frequent amounts of walking, standing, sitting, stooping, squatting, bending, twisting, reaching, and kneeling.
- Frequently lifting up to 30 pounds.
- Occasionally lifting up to 50 pounds.
- Regular climbing of ladders and/or scaffolding.
- Occasional exposure to all weather conditions, including heat, cold, wind, rain, and snow/ice.
- Regular exposure to noise, chemicals, and electrical and mechanical hazards.
Heartspring offers a generous benefit package including two weeks paid vacation, sick leave, insurance, and retirement plans.
Heartspring is a drug-free campus.
Creating hope and opportunity that changes the lives of children with special needs and their families
To apply for this position, please do one of the following: