Home Coordinator Assistant
- Monitor implementation of student schedules, instructional programs, and Student Support plans to ensure consistency and quality of programs and conduct necessary follow-up with staff.
- Responsible for participation at Individual Education Plan Meetings, Student Support Plan Meetings, Student Reviews, Home Management, All-staffs, Home Team Meetings, Committees, and other student related meetings in the absence of the Home Coordinator.
- Monitor and assign staff for student coverage, maintaining staff rotations, and ensuring that students are safe and well cared for.
- Assist with direct care of students when team shortages occur.
- Communicate with parents as needed or requested.
- Reviews and completes then communicates with families when there are emergent safety concerns. This could include special incident reports, student to student contact reports, emergency safety interventions, health concerns, etc. in the absence of the Home Coordinator.
- Following all Heartspring accounting procedures, secure money from incidental accounts to meet students’ weekly needs, and/or purchases for student programs.
- Ensure compliance with grocery purchase guidelines and meal program standards.
- Review and approve any changes in the student activity plan for the home.
- Create a positive atmosphere of professional development, mutual support, and teamwork in the homes and across departments.
- Create a spirit of cooperation by modeling and encouraging effective teamwork.
- Assist in training and developing team members.
- Facilitate home team meetings in the absence of the Home Coordinator.
- Provide input to Home Coordinator on performance appraisals for team members.
- Report any inappropriate staff actions and/or policy violations immediately to the Home Coordinator or On-campus Supervisor. Provide follow-up as directed.
- When assigned as the On-campus Supervisor, be available on campus and monitor the daily operations for the entire campus.
- Check and respond to voicemail and email communication in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Provide a safe and nurturing home environment that exceeds licensing regulations.
- Conduct daily informal and weekly formal house inspections to ensure compliance with DCF and SRS regulations.
- Monitor house supplies and order any necessary supplies and insure delivery.
- Submit Maintenance Work Requests and ensure that the home is properly maintained.
- Conduct monthly fire drill and tornado drills when scheduled in absence of Home Coordinator.
Educational, Training, and Licensure Requirements
- High School Diploma/GED required.
- Valid Kansas drivers’ license and good driving record, (required in order to drive students in Heartspring vehicles).
- Must successfully complete all required orientation and training conducted by Heartspring staff.
- Must complete 18 hours of in-service training per year.
- Must make up all missed trainings, classes, and meetings in a timely manner.
- Must maintain NCI certification (annual).
- Must maintain CPR certification.
- Experience as a Home Coordinator Assistant in good standing, and/or one (1) year of supervisory experience working with children with Autism and/or developmental disabilities in a residential setting.
- Able to perform significant, prolonged, and frequent amounts of walking, standing, sitting, stooping, squatting, bending, twisting, reaching, and kneeling.
- Regular lifting of up to 10 pounds.
- Occasional lifting of up to 30 pounds.
- Personal Protective equipment including masks, gloves, helmets, arm guards and leg guards- Occasionally
- Working Outside without a temperature-controlled environment- Occasionally
- Exposure to infectious diseases, excluding COVID- Rarely
- Exposure to bodily fluid, blood-borne pathogens-Occasionally
- Exposure to physical contact from clients, including slapping, hitting, punching, kicking.
Knowledge & Skills
- Administration & Management – job requires knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation human resources modeling, leadership technique, and coordination of people and resources.
- Must be dependable, reliable and responsible and to complete tasks timely.
- Excellent attention to detail, being careful about detail and thorough in completing assigned tasks.
- Must be honest, ethical, and be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Must have the ability to listen effectively and obtain information from
- Excellent ability to communicate both orally and written in order to convey information effectively.
- Must have a strong customer orientation, a positive attitude, and able to respond to requests for service and assistance from others in a courteous and professional manner.
- Must have excellent time management and the ability to work independently and follow through on all
- Ability to operate basic office equipment, g., computer terminals, printers, copy machines, telephone systems, facsimile machines.
- Ability to perform complex work with accuracy while under strict time constraints.
- Strong technical, analytical, and organizational skills in addition to excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Problem analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team and take on new tasks with high level of difficulty.
Heartspring offers a generous benefits package including three weeks of paid vacation, sick leave, medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, short term disability insurance and retirement plans. Heartspring also offers opportunities to grow within and advance your careers through on-the-job training, internal promotion preferences, and the Heartspring scholarship program to help you go back to school.
Heartspring is a drug-free campus. Heartspring is an EEO employer.