Home Coordinator Assistant
The Home Coordinator Assistant is responsible to the Home Coordinator to provide assistance in supervising the paraprofessional staff and coordinating student services and care within the home. This position works to insure that students are safe and receive quality care, that instructional programs are implemented effectively, and that the home is maintained to meet and exceed licensing regulations and standards.
- Monitor implementation of student schedules, instructional programs, and Student Support plans to insure consistency and quality of programs and conduct necessary follow-up with staff.
- Responsible for participation at Individual Education Plan Meetings, Student Support Plan Meetings, Student Reviews, Home Management, All-staffs, Home Team Meetings, Committees, and other student related meetings in the absence of the Home Coordinator.
- Monitor and assign staff for student coverage, maintaining staff rotations, and insuring that students are safe and well cared for.
- Assist with direct care of students when team shortages occur.
- Communicate with parents as needed or requested.
- Reviews and completes then communicates with families when there are emergent safety concerns. This could include special incident reports, student to student contact reports, emergency safety interventions, health concerns, etc. in the absence of the Home Coordinator.
- Following all Heartspring accounting procedures, secure money from incidental accounts to meet students’ weekly needs, and/or purchases for student programs.
- Insure compliance with grocery purchase guidelines and meal program standards.
- Review and approve any changes in the student activity plan for the home.
- Create a positive atmosphere of professional development, mutual support, and teamwork in the homes and across departments.
- Create a spirit of cooperation by modeling and encouraging effective teamwork.
- Assist in training and developing team members.
- Facilitate home team meetings in the absence of the Home Coordinator.
- Provide input to Home Coordinator on performance appraisals for team members.
- Report any inappropriate staff actions and/or policy violations immediately to the Home Coordinator or On-campus Supervisor. Provide follow-up as directed.
- When assigned as the On-campus Supervisor, be available on campus and monitor the daily operations for the entire campus.
- Check and respond to voice-mail and email communication in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Provide a safe and nurturing home environment that exceeds licensing regulations.
- Conduct daily informal and weekly formal house inspections to insure compliance with DCF and SRS regulations.
- Monitor house supplies and order any necessary supplies and insure delivery.
- Submit Maintenance Work Requests and insure that the home is properly maintained.
- Conduct monthly fire drill and tornado drills when scheduled in absence of Home Coordinator.
Educational, Training, and Licensure Requirements
- High School Diploma/GED
- Strong organizational skills
- Basic to Intermediate Computer skills
- Valid Kansas Driver’s License
- Strong job performance history
- Positive attendance record
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Demonstrated effective teamwork
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong writing skills
- Able to perform significant, prolonged, and frequent amounts of walking, standing, sitting, stooping, squatting, bending, twisting, reaching, and kneeling
- Regular lifting of up to 10 pounds
- Occasional lifting of up to 30 pounds
- Occasional exposure to infectious disease, parasites, bodily fluids, and blood-borne pathogens
- Potential exposure to physical contact from students, including slapping, hitting, punching, kicking, head-butting, and biting
- Occasional exposure to all weather conditions, including heat, cold, wind, rain, and snow/ice
- Mandatory use of Heartspring-standard personal protective equipment
- May require use of personal protective equipment, including gloves, helmets, arm guards, and leg guards
Knowledge & Skills
- Knowledge and work history with developmental disabilities
- Supervisory experience
- Heartspring Experience
Benefits:Heartspring offers a generous benefits package including three weeks of paid vacation, sick leave, medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, short term disability insurance and retirement plans. Heartspring also offers opportunities to grow within and advance your careers through on-the-job training, internal promotion preferences, and the Heartspring scholarship program to help you go back to school.
Heartspring is a drug-free campus. Heartspring is an EEO employer.