Home Coordinator Assistant (RESIDENTIAL)
- Monitor implementation of student schedules, instructional programs, and Student Support plans to ensure consistency and quality of programs and conduct necessary follow-up with staff.
- Responsible for participation at Individual Education Plan Meetings, Student Support Plan Meetings, Student Reviews, Home Management, All-staffs, Home Team Meetings, Committees, and other student related meetings in the absence of the Home Coordinator.
- Monitor and assign staff for student coverage, maintaining staff rotations, and ensuring that students are safe and well cared for.
- Assist with direct care of students when team shortages occur.
- Communicate with parents as needed or requested.
- Reviews and completes then communicates with families when there are emergent safety concerns. This could include special incident reports, student to student contact reports, emergency safety interventions, health concerns, etc. in the absence of the Home Coordinator.
- Following all Heartspring accounting procedures, secure money from incidental accounts to meet students’ weekly needs, and/or purchases for student programs.
- Ensure compliance with grocery purchase guidelines and meal program standards. Review and approve any changes in the student activity plan for the home.
- Secondary Functions Create a positive atmosphere of professional development, mutual support, and teamwork in the homes and across departments.
- Create a spirit of cooperation by modeling and encouraging effective teamwork. Assist in training and developing team members. Facilitate home team meetings in the absence of the Home Coordinator.
- Provide input to Home Coordinator on performance appraisals for team members.
- Report any inappropriate staff actions and/or policy violations immediately to the Home Coordinator or On-campus Supervisor.
- Provide follow-up as directed. When assigned as the On-campus Supervisor, be available on campus and monitor the daily operations for the entire campus.
- Check and respond to voicemail and email communication in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Provide a safe and nurturing home environment that exceeds licensing regulations.
- Conduct daily informal and weekly formal house inspections to ensure compliance with DCF and SRS regulations.
- Monitor house supplies and order any necessary supplies and insure delivery.
- Submit Maintenance Work Requests and ensure that the home is properly maintained.
- Conduct monthly fire drill and tornado drills when scheduled in absence of Home Coordinator.
Heartspring offers a generous benefits package including three weeks of paid vacation, sick leave, medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, short term disability insurance and retirement plans. Heartspring also offers opportunities to grow within and advance your careers through on-the-job training, internal promotion preferences, and the Heartspring scholarship program to help you go back to school.
Heartspring is a drug-free campus. Heartspring is an EEO employer.