- Recruits, interviews, hires, and trains new staff in the department.
- Oversees the daily workflow of the department.
- Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with organizational policy.
- Collaborates with senior leadership to understand the organization's goals and strategy related to staffing, recruiting, and retention.
- Plans, leads, develops, coordinates, and implements policies, processes, training, initiatives, and surveys to support the organization's human resource compliance and strategy needs.
- Administers or oversees the administration of human resource programs including, but not limited to, compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
- Manages compensation and pay plans in partnership with the Chief People Officer by conducting periodic pay surveys; scheduling and conducting job evaluations; monitoring and scheduling individual pay actions; and recommending, planning, and implementing pay structure revisions.
- Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation.
- Develops and executes best practices for hiring and talent management.
- Conducts research and analysis of organizational trends including review of reports and metrics from the organization's human resource information system (HRIS).
- Monitors and ensures the organization's compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews and modifies policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law; applies this knowledge to communicate changes in policy, practice, and resources to upper management.
- Administers the departmental budget.
- Facilitates professional development, training, and certification activities for HR staff.
- Oversees and administers contract terms & processes for new hires, promotions and transfers.
- Assists with planning and execution of special events such as recruitment fairs, organization-wide meetings, new hire orientations, etc.
- Promotes the mission, vision, and values of Heartspring.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Educational, Training, and Licensure Requirements
- High School Diploma required. Bachelors or Masters degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field preferred
- At least five years of human resource management experience required.
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee relations, diversity, performance management, and federal and state respective employment laws.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience resolving complex employee relations issues.
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) credential or ability to obtain certification within one year of employment highly preferred.
- Sitting at a desk for long periods of time.
- Constant use of overall vision with continuous reading and close-up work.
- Hand and finger dexterity for frequent repetitive writing, typing, grasping, reaching, and pulling.
- Hearing and talking skills in person and on the phone.
Knowledge & Skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Ability to adapt to the needs of the organization and employees.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organization's HRIS and talent management systems.
- Self-motivated; bias for action.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality
Required Organizational Competencies
- Advocacy: Uses expertise to influence and advocate for improved practice and to advance organizational outcomes.
- Analytical Thinking: Demonstrates the ability to analyze information and use logic to address work-related issues and problems.
- Collaboration: Demonstrates the ability to work productively within and across teams to achieve goals that are customer centered.
- Communication: Applies a customer centered approach to deliver and exchange information that leads to mutual understanding.
- Critical Thinking: Demonstrates ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- Expertise: Demonstrates advancing knowledge, skills and abilities in the role and in field of practice.
- Integrity: Demonstrates quality of honest, ethical, and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Organizational Advancement: Demonstrates actions that support organizational growth based on a shared understanding of the current and future Heartspring operating environment.
- Professionalism: Demonstrates attitudes, behaviors and orientations that are consistent with the conduct, aims and qualities that characterize Heartspring.
Heartspring offers a generous benefits package including three weeks of paid vacation, sick leave, medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, short term disability insurance and retirement plans. Heartspring also offers opportunities to grow within and advance your careers through on-the-job training, internal promotion preferences, and the Heartspring scholarship program to help you go back to school.
Heartspring is a drug-free campus. Heartspring is an EEO employer.