Human Resources Director
Under the direction of and in concert with the Chief People Officer, this position oversees the operations of the HR department. The HR Director will implement initiatives by directing the functional areas of Human Resources including payroll. The HR Director is responsible for the administration of HR plans and procedures and manages Human Resources employees and projects. This position will assist the Chief People Officer in scaling the HR function to support human capital needs, as Heartspring transitions to a more complex and diversified organization and engages in growth strategies with the healthcare industry. The employee in this position must be skilled in creating and building systems, processes, and structure to increase efficiency and effectiveness of the department.
- Collaborates with the Chief People Officer to understand, co-design, and execute the organization’s goals and strategies related to staffing, recruiting, retention, total rewards, development, and succession planning.
- Develop tools and integrated systems to:
- Collect, track, and report, critical People data and metrics relating to the HR function
- Foster collaborative relationships with all departments that enhances our culture
- Diagram workflows, including inputs and outputs, of all HR processes in order to determine what to maintain, eliminate, and improve
- Oversees the implementation, maintenance, and review of payroll processing systems to ensure timely and accurate processing of payroll transactions including salaries, benefits, garnishments, taxes, and other deductions.
- Manages and oversees the day-to-day operations of the HR office, including the payroll function to ensure accuracy, efficient processes, and excellent customer service.
- Determines what strengths HR employees have that are not being amplified, what issues prevent team members from being successful, and what problems employees identify that interrupts their ability to provide quality customer service.
- Implements and administers competitive pay and incentive compensation programs; including the counseling of management on pay decisions, compensation practices, and policy and guideline interpretation.
- Oversees the collection and analysis of competitive salary information to determine Heartspring’s market relationship and to ensure internal and external equity.
- Oversees the performance of job analysis and the creation of accurate and effective job descriptions
- Collaborates with department leaders to create effective performance evaluations.
- Serves as guardian, champion, and steward of Heartspring’s culture and values.
- Directs the administration of Heartspring’s benefit plans, including but not limited to health and welfare benefits, workers compensation, and time off plans.
- Manages the talent acquisition and recruitment processes by using both passive and active strategies, pivoting as necessary.
- Responsible for timely and accurate reporting including ACA, EEO, OSHA reporting, etc.
- Oversees and monitors the timely processing of employee information in the HRIS and collaborates with the Finance Department for accurate and effective payroll processing.
- In collaboration with the Chief People Officer and Sr. Director of Compliance, develops, coordinates, and implements policies, processes, training, and initiatives to support the organization’s human resource compliance and strategy needs.
- Advises Chief People Officer of project status and any significant trends and changes in project progress.
- Provides HR policy guidance, interpretation, training, and coaching.
- Oversees the implementation and optimization of KRONOS.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law; applies this knowledge to communicate changes in policy, practice, and resources to management.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local regulations, as well as with the requirements of our governing bodies.
- Maintains and reports data related to headcount, turnover rates, recruitment metrics and other ad-hoc qualitative and quantitative analyses for management.
- In conjunction with the Chief People Officer, develops and implements departmental budget.
- Facilitates professional development, training, and certification activities for HR staff.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Commitment – Models the principles and values of Heartspring
- Effective Listener – ensures communication is heard completely and effectively interpreted into meaningful messages
- Dedication – committed to achieving results under demanding conditions
- Analytical – synthesizes complex or diverse information into actionable objectives
- Problem-solving – identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully
- Oral communication – speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations and demonstrates group presentation and facilitation skills
- Delegation – delegates work assignments, gives authority to work independently, sets expectations and monitors delegated activities
- Leadership – inspires and motivates others to perform well, accepts feedback from others
- Flexibility-understands the necessity of, and can pivot and adapt based on new information or changing business needs
- Management skills – includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating, and process improvement; coaches and advises staff; provides regular performance feedback; supports the professional development of staff; encourages professional progression and personal growth.
- Quality management – looks for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Judgment –exhibits sound and accurate judgment; makes timely decisions, maintains confidentiality, and uses discretion
- Planning/organization – prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans
- Integrity – possesses high ethical standards and expects the same from all others in the organization.
- Expert knowledge and experience re:
- employment law and compliance with state and federal requirements.
- the ability to develop and maintain positive relationships while driving improved performance and accountability
- State and federal regulatory requirements specific to the Heartspring mission
- Data analytics relevant to people operations.
- the administration of employee benefits plans and compensation structures
- Task organization, attention to detail, and commitment to deadlines
- Coaching-style leadership that inspires team members to give their best effort while setting the direction for the initiative
- Strong communication and presentation skills (makes complex issues accessible to a business audience, clear, concise, and audience-appropriate)
- Demonstrated ability to lead multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Proficient use of computer and software applications including the Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to lead through influence, both with and without formal authority
- Bachelor’s degree in human resource management or business management and development
- HRCI or SHRM certification
- 7+ years progressive Human Resources generalist experience.
- Comprehensive HR experience, including a complete understanding of and hands-on exposure to the full mix of HR functions.
- A track record of positive results and an ability to provide demonstrated examples of project management and procedures that have contributed to organizational success
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the KRONOS platform.
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Sitting at desk for long periods of time
- Constant use of overall vision with continuous reading and close-up work.
- Hand and finger dexterity for frequent repetitive writing, typing, grasping, reaching and pulling
- Hearing and talking skills in person and on phone
General office environment. This position is eligible for a hybrid model, incorporating both remote and onsite work. Employee must be available to perform critical on-site activities such as audits, in-person meetings, etc.
Benefits:Heartspring offers a generous benefits package including three weeks of paid vacation, sick leave, medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, short term disability insurance and retirement plans. Heartspring also offers opportunities to grow within and advance your careers through on-the-job training, internal promotion preferences, and the Heartspring scholarship program to help you go back to school.
Heartspring is a drug-free campus. Heartspring is an EEO employer.