Human Resources Specialist
The Human Resource Specialist will report to Human Resource Director and will be responsible for coordinating recruitment, onboarding, benefits, FMLA, workers compensation, compensation, and payroll. This position will work closely with the Trauma Responsive Care Specialist, Employee Relations Specialist, Training and Development team, and Finance.
• Coordinates the talent acquisition and recruitment processes for assigned departments for both external and internal job openings
• Coordinates the onboarding process for all new hires including offers, background checks, reference checks, and new hire paperwork
• Coordinates status change process: internal transfer, promotions and terms
• Coordinates benefit new enrollment, life event changes, open enrollment and annual benefits fair
• Collaborates with finance ensuring all benefits invoices are paid and Billing Reconciliation and Discrepancy report is complete
• Oversees Workers Compensation Process with our Work Comp Provider
• Oversees FMLA and ADA Interactive Processes
• Assists COVID-19 tasks force with safety initiative
• Assists with Payroll ensuring employees are paid correctly as well as Referral Bonus, Scholarships are processed
• Coordinates yearly performance evals process
• Oversees the processing of employee information in the HRIS and collaborates with the Finance Department for accurate and effective payroll processing.
• Maintains and reports monthly data related to all recruitment and benefits metrics
• Meets monthly with Department Managers to review HR strategies and initiatives for their department
• Performs other duties as required.
• Collaborate with Trauma Informed Specialist to ensure employees needs are being met • Collaborates with Training and Development Department • Assist with Annual Benefits Plan Design
• Heartspring Strong Committee
• Wellness Initiatives
• Assist HR Director with Annual Reports: ACA, EEOC, OSHA
Knowledge & Skills:
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
• Ability to adapt to the needs of the organization and employees.
• Ability to prioritize tasks
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
• Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organization’s HRIS and talent management systems
• Ability to forge and maintain close relationships across all constituencies.
• Self-motivated; bias for action.
• Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality
Educational, Training, and Licensure Requirements
• Bachelors degree in human resource management, business administration, or related field
• HRCI or SHRM certification preferred
• 2 or more Years of HR Experience preferred
Heartspring offers a generous benefit package including three weeks paid vacation, sick leave, medical/dental/vision insurance and retirement plans.
Heartspring is an EEO employer.