Individual Support Provider
All therapy staff at Heartspring are strategic partners. We are tasked with interdisciplinary collaboration to provide the best comprehensive services to our children and families.
• Implement goals from the Individualized Treatment Plans developed for each child written by a Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) or Autism Specialist.
• Collect data on child’s performance for all targets implemented during session.
• Develop rapport with family and child to increase social validity of implementation while maintaining professional boundaries.
• Meet or exceed billable hours requirement per billable day of 5 hours and 75% billed per worked hours per month.
• Maintain records of professional, accurate and timely documentation on each session conducted using industry best practices and meets payor requirements within practice
• Ability to cover in other classrooms during scheduled indirect time or in the case of cancellations
• Maintain RBT audit logs to ensure 5% total implementation is supervised by a BCBA/BCaBA per the BACB’s Guidelines.
• Communicate with supervisor regarding client needs and treatment ideas.
• Customer Service – ability to interact appropriately with a variety of individuals with varying needs within a timely matter.
• Implementation of Industry Best Practice Interventions - ability to learn and implement ABA therapy best practice interventions as written in the individualized treatment plan for each child
• Interdisciplinary support – ability to maintain a positive work environment that fosters
interdisciplinary team support and therapeutic best practice interventions.
• Effective Communication – ability to communicate in written, verbal and non-verbal communication with others to seek solutions and implement most ideal plan.
• Relationship Building – ability to develop rapport and struggle with team members towards a solution.
• Adaptable – ability to provide billable services and sustain attention with interruptions and/or distractions.
• Reliability – ability to maintain scheduled appointments and complete tasks assigned by identified deadlines with minimal supervision.
• Create and maintain client materials, clean classroom and other high touch areas, and, assist Outpatient Therapy staff as directed by supervisor during scheduled indirect time.
• Participate in outreach to the public and medical community through attending events, networking and participating in content of marketing materials.
• Participate and encourage innovation and exporting knowledge and skills to new areas
of practice and development.
Educational, Training, and Licensure Requirements
• High School Diploma or Equivalent
• Obtain and maintain Registered Behavior Technician certification through the Behavior Analyst Certification Board (BACB) within first 8 months of employment
• CPR Certification maintained and in good standing
• Participate in interdisciplinary training in-service days with other outpatient therapy staff
• Crisis Prevention Intervention (CPI) certification maintained and in good standing
• Transitional Movements: Walking, standing, sitting, stooping, squatting, bending, twisting, reaching and kneeling, lifting, carrying, grasping, pushing, pulling, crawling, climbing stairs- Constantly
• Rotating or changing to different physical positions based on the needs of the environment- Constantly
• Lifting of 20 Pounds- Frequently
• Lifting up to 30 Pounds- Frequently
• Repetitive Motion: Sitting, typing- Rarely
• Hearing, Seeing and Speaking- Constantly
• Personal Protective equipment including masks, gloves, helmets, arm guards and leg guards- Frequently
• Working Outside without a temperature-controlled environment- Frequently
• Exposure to infectious diseases, excluding COVID- Rarely
• Exposure to bodily fluid, blood-borne pathogens-Frequently
• Exposure to physical contact from clients, including slapping, hitting, punching, kicking, head-butting, biting and spitting- Constantly
Benefits:Heartspring offers a generous benefits package including three weeks of paid vacation, sick leave, medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, short term disability insurance and retirement plans. Heartspring also offers opportunities to grow within and advance your careers through on-the-job training, internal promotion preferences, and the Heartspring scholarship program to help you go back to school.
Heartspring is a drug-free campus. Heartspring is an EEO employer.