The Insurance Coordinator for Heartspring Pediatric Services is responsible for verification and coordination of insurance information between clinical staff, client families, and Outpatient Support Services. The Insurance Coordinator will facilitate and support operations of customer service including collecting, disseminating, and tracking information as needed for authorization and/or billing purposes.
- Obtain Order to Treat from Primary Care Physician (PCP) for each new client, and ensure renewal orders are obtained in a timely fashion.
- Obtain insurance verifications and benefits and communicate coverage to family.
- Obtain necessary authorizations for all therapies as needed.
- Function as liaison between and communicate with clients, PCPs, and insurance companies regarding authorization issues.
- Adhere to HIPAA standards and comply with all Heartspring policies relating to HIPAA and Confidentiality.
- Prompt and regular attendance is required.
- Provide front desk coverage as needed.
- Provide assistance with billing and claims issues related as needed.
- Promote and uphold the Heartspring mission, vision, and values.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATIONAL, TRAINING, AND LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma, or equivalent.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a medical office setting.
- Working knowledge of medical software.
- Frequent sitting at desk
- Frequent use of computer and keyboard
- Occasional reaching, grasping, pulling
- Office environment, indoors, climate-controlled
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Analytical Thinking - the ability to analyze information and use logic to address work-related issues and problems
- Attention to Detail – job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing assigned tasks
- Data Entry - ability to enter accurate information into a computer program or system
- Dependability – job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and to fulfill obligations
- Integrity - job requires being honest, ethical, and the ability to maintain confidentiality
- Listening – ability to listen effectively and obtain information from others
- Organizational Skills - developing specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish assigned tasks
- Speaking – the ability to communicate effectively orally in order to convey information effectively
- Time Management - managing one's own time and the time of others
- Writing – the ability to communicate effectively in writing in order to convey information effectively
- Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Edcuation, professional development and scholarship opportunities
- Vacation, Sick, and Holiday Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
Heartspring is a drug-free campus. Heartspring is an EEO employer.