Job Summary: Maintenance manager to oversee daily operations of the maintenance department. The ideal candidate will understand mechanical and technical work and have excellent leadership and supervisory skills. You will lead the maintenance department in the installation, repair, and preventive maintenance operations. This position is responsible for all technical services, repair, and preventive maintenance of the company’s facilities. Assures work is being performed with approved methods and materials in a quality, timely, and safe manner.
- Hires and trains maintenance department staff.
- Organizes and oversees the schedules/work of maintenance staff to optimize efficiency.
- Conducts performance evaluations that are timely and constructive.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees as needed and in accordance with company policy.
- Ensure all departmental staff adhere to the safety policies and procedures.
- Track expenses and oversee maintenance budget.
- Oversee day-to-day operations of the maintenance department
- Maintain maintenance logs and report on daily activities.
- Conduct regular inspections of the facilities to identify and resolve issues.
- Assess building systems to plan work assignments and project schedules.
- Develops preventive maintenance schedules and ensures completion.
- Monitor equipment inventory and place orders when necessary.
- Ensure compliance with KDOT vehicle regulations and maintains documentation.
- Prompt and regular attendance is required.
- Construct or modify equipment to meet student needs.
- Control geese and other wildlife.
- Assist with maintenance when needed.
- Painting and light facility maintenance.
- Other duties as requested.
Educational, Training, and Licensure Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- High school diploma or equivalent; Degree from a vocational school or BSc/BA in business administration or facility management will be an advantage
- Minimum 5 years supervisory experience
- Current Kansas Driver’s License required.
- Due to potential hazards of the position, must be at least 18 years old
- Covid-19 Vaccine Required per Federal Mandate
- Must be able to sit, stand, kneel, squat, walk, stoop, bend, twist.
- Exposure to summer heat and winter cold for periods of time
- Regularly lifts 20 pounds.
- Occasionally lifts 50 pounds.
- Exposure to noise, chemicals, electrical hazards and mechanical hazards for periods of time
This position works both in and out of doors. Full exposure to summer heat and winter cold. Exposure to noise, chemicals, electrical hazards and mechanical hazards.
Knowledge & Skills
- Solid understanding of plumbing and electrical systems as well as carpentry and other crafts.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Outstanding organizational leadership abilities
- Aptitude in undertaking administrative tasks such as reporting, budgeting, etc.
- Must be able to cultivate and demonstrate an awareness of the safety of Heartspring students and staff.
Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance
Edcuation, professional development and scholarship opportunities
Vacation, Sick, and Holiday Leave
Employee Assistance Program
Flexible Spending Accounts
Heartspring is an EEO employer.