Maintenance Tech II
The Maintenance Tech II is responsible for performing general technical service, repairs, and preventative maintenance duties. This position also performs technical repairs and support for all mechanical, structural, and electrical systems used by Heartspring.
- Perform structural repairs of building interiors and exteriors on the Heartspring campus.
- Safely and properly operate shop and hand tools as needed.
- Perform technical service and repair of electrical components and systems.
- Perform plumbing and fixture repairs as needed.
- Assist with repair and maintenance of fleet vehicles as needed.
- Assist with repair and maintenance of ground equipment as needed.
- Collaborate with therapists to design and build devices and adaptive equipment for clients.
- Prompt and regular attendance is required for this position.
- Serve on the on-call rotation for evening and weekend emergency maintenance calls.
- Operate and maintain tools and equipment.
- Assist with removal of snow and ice as needed.
- Assist with control of goose population and nesting sites.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma, or equivalent.
- Valid Kansas drivers’ license and good driving record required.
- Able to perform significant, prolonged, and frequent amounts of walking, standing, sitting, stooping, squatting, bending, twisting, reaching, and kneeling.
- Occasional lifting of up to 50 pounds.
- Regular lifting of up to 30 pounds.
- Regular climbing of ladders and/or scaffolding.
- Occasional exposure to all weather conditions, including heat, cold, wind, rain, and snow/ice.
- Regular exposure to noise, chemicals, and electrical and mechanical hazards
- COVID-19 vaccine required, exceptions for medical or religious exemptions will be reviewed per request.
Heartspring offers a generous benefits package including three weeks of paid vacation, sick leave, medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, short term disability insurance and retirement plans. Heartspring also offers opportunities to grow within and advance your careers through on-the-job training, internal promotion preferences, and the Heartspring scholarship program to help you go back to school.
Heartspring is a drug-free campus. Heartspring is an EEO employer.