Maintenance Tech II
Are you looking for a job with a purpose? Do you enjoy working outside?
Look no further! At Heartspring, your work serves an important mission of helping improve the lives of children.
The Maintenance Tech II is responsible for performing general technical service, repairs, and preventative maintenance duties. This position also performs technical repairs and support for all mechanical, structural, and electrical systems used by Heartspring.
Main Duties May Include:
- Perform structural repairs of building interiors and exteriors on the Heartspring campus.
- Safely and properly operate shop and hand tools as needed.
- Perform technical service and repair of electrical components and systems.
- Perform plumbing and fixture repairs as needed.
- Assist with repair and maintenance of fleet vehicles as needed.
- Assist with repair and maintenance of ground equipment as needed.
- Collaborate with therapists to design and build devices and adaptive equipment for clients.
Other Duties May Include:
- Serve on the on-call rotation for evening and weekend emergency maintenance calls.
- Operate and maintain tools and equipment.
- Assist with removal of snow and ice as needed.
- Assist with control of goose population and nesting sites.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Valid Kansas drivers' license and good driving record required.
- Must demonstrate and ability to learn about and become proficient with the repair and maintenance of the various power grounds equipment and vehicle fleet used at Heartsping.
- Self-starter, able to work with limited supervision.
- Able to cultivate and demonstrate and awareness of the safely of Heartspring students and staff.
- Prompt and regular attendance is required for this position.
- Must be able to perform significant, prolonged, and frequent amounts of walking, standing, sitting, stooping, squatting, bending, twisting, reaching, and kneeling.
- Frequently lifting up to 30 pounds.
- Occasionally lifting up to 50 pounds.
- Regular climbing of ladders and/or scaffolding.
- Occasional exposure to all weather conditions, including heat, cold, wind, rain, and snow/ice.
- Regular exposure to noise, chemicals, and electrical and mechanical hazards.
Heartspring offers a generous benefit package including two weeks paid vacation, sick leave, insurance, and retirement plans.
Heartspring is a drug-free campus.
Creating hope and opportunity that changes the lives of children with special needs and their families
To apply for this position, please do one of the following: