Maintenance Technician II
The Maintenance Tech II is responsible for performing general technical service, repairs, and preventative maintenance duties. This position also performs technical repairs and support for all mechanical, structural, and electrical systems used by Heartspring.
- Perform structural repairs of building interiors and exteriors on the Heartspring campus.
- Safely and properly operate shop and hand tools as needed.
- Perform technical service and repair of electrical components and systems.
- Perform plumbing and fixture repairs as needed.
- Assist with repair and maintenance of fleet vehicles as needed.
- Assist with repair and maintenance of ground equipment as needed.
- Collaborate with therapists to design and build devices and adaptive equipment for clients.
- Prompt and regular attendance is required for this position.
- Serve on the on-call rotation for evening and weekend emergency maintenance calls.
- Operate and maintain tools and equipment.
- Assist with removal of snow and ice as needed.
- Assist with control of goose population and nesting sites.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
Monday through Friday
EDUCATIONAL, TRAINING, AND LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma, or equivalent.
- Valid Kansas drivers’ license and good driving record required.
- Able to perform significant, prolonged, and frequent amounts of walking, standing, sitting, stooping, squatting, bending, twisting, reaching, and kneeling.
- Occasional lifting of up to 50 pounds.
- Regular lifting of up to 30 pounds.
- Regular climbing of ladders and/or scaffolding.
- COVID-19 vaccine required per federal mandate, exceptions for medical or religious exemptions will be reviewed per request.
- Occasional exposure to all weather conditions, including heat, cold, wind, rain, and snow/ice.
- Regular exposure to noise, chemicals, and electrical and mechanical hazards.
Knowledge & Skills
- Dependability – job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and to fulfill obligations.
- Integrity - job requires being honest, ethical, and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Listening – ability to listen effectively and obtain information from others.
- Mechanical Repair Skills – job requires the ability to test, diagnose, and repair various mechanical, plumbing, and electrical problems.
- Oral Communication – this job requires the ability to effectively communicate verbally
- Service Orientation - actively looking for ways to help people.
- Technology – job requires the ability to use/operate a standard computer system and hand-held devices.
- Writing – the ability to communicate effectively in writing in order to convey information effectively.
Heartspring offers a generous benefits package including three weeks of paid vacation, two weeks of sick leave, medical/dental/vision insurance, and retirement plans.
Heartspring is a drug-free campus. Heartspring is an EEO employer.