The Occupational Therapist at Heartspring Residential School administers assessments, plans and implements programs, and conducts occupational therapy treatment through direct and/or consultative services. The OT also supervises any Certified Occupational Therapy Assistants and their program delivery.
Primary Functions include:
- Complete standardized and/or informal testing and functional assessments to assess fine motor skill or measure progress.
- Provide direct and indirect occupational therapy services to residential and/or day-only students as specified in the Individualized Education Plan (IEP).
- Consult with student teams in preparation for IEP meetings.
- Attend IEP meetings as assigned.
- Draft OT present level of performance reports and goals prior to IEP meetings.
- Write programs and procedures as determined by the team in order to support IEP goals and objectives.
- Attend student review meetings as scheduled.
- Track quality and quantity of OT data and compile data for all IEP objectives.
- Train staff on new/revised OT programs and procedures as needed.
- Document direct and indirect services provided for each student.
- Bachelor's Degree in target field required
- Must maintain current state licensure
Competitive salary based on experience.
Heartspring offers a generous benefit package including vacation, paid holidays, sick leave, group insurance and retirement plans. Benefits for licensed positions also include liability insurance, some continuing education, licensure and professional dues.