The Payroll Clerk will assist with the day to day operations of the payroll department. The Payroll Clerk is responsible for payroll processing functions for Heartspring. The Payroll Clerk will also assist the Payroll Accountant with ad hoc reporting and analysis of payroll data.
- Collect, compile, and enter payroll data into the payroll software
- Process wage garnishments and withholding orders
- Review and verify source documents
- Calculate and post payroll deductions
- Process payroll by established deadlines
- Reconcile benefit invoices to payroll deductions
- Investigate and correct payroll and timekeeping discrepancies and errors
- Update payroll records by recording changes including benefit elections, transfers, salary increases, tax withholdings, and direct deposits
- Input new employees, terminations, transfers, and promotions
- Address employee's payroll-related concerns and provide accurate payroll information
- Complete requests for payroll-related documents including verifications
- Develop, manage, and maintain comprehensive payroll records
- Back up for Accounting Clerk
Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge & Skills
- Attention to Detail – job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing assigned tasks
- Accuracy – job requires the ability to maintain data in a correct and precise manner.
- Data Entry - ability to enter accurate information into a computer program or system
- 10-Key - Ability to enter accurate information using a 10-key numeric keypad
- Confidentiality – job requires the ability to keep private information private.
- Dependability – job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and to fulfill
- Integrity - job requires being honest, ethical, and the ability to maintain confidentiality
- Listening – the ability to listen effectively and obtain information from others
- Organizational Skills - developing specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish assigned tasks
- Speaking - talking to others to convey information effectively
- Time Management - managing one's own time.
- Writing – the ability to communicate effectively in writing in order to convey information effectively
Heartspring offers competitive compensation based on a combination of experience and education.
Heartspring offers a generous benefits package including two weeks paid vacation, sick leave, insurance, and retirement plans. Paraeducators also have many opportunities to grow within and advance their careers at Heartspring.