Heartspring is seeking a pediatric psychologist with experience working with children diagnosed with autism and developmental disabilities. Heartspring Pediatric Services is an outpatient clinic providing a full range of psychological services to a diverse clientele between the ages of birth to 21. The Psychologist in Pediatric Services is responsible for providing individual psychological assessments and therapy of children experiencing learning, developmental, or behavioral difficulties, including ADHD, Autism Spectrum Disorder, Intellectual Disability, and related conditions. The Psychologist will also coordinate with other professionals in Pediatric Services to provide a coordinated and comprehensive approach to families in need of services.
As a Pediatric Psychologist you will:
- Complete psychological assessments on children experiencing difficulties; communicate with parents/guardians in order to obtain necessary background information, presenting problems, and any other information that would contribute to a complete and accurate assessment of the child’s abilities.
- Use best practices to determine the most appropriate assessment tool(s) (formal and informal), and, with input from parents/guardians, establish the set of questions that will drive the assessment process.
- Refer child(ren) to Heartspring and/or outside professionals in other disciplines when appropriate.
- Ensure child(ren) receive appropriate services within a reasonable time frame.
- Report assessment results in an accurate, timely, and sensitive manner.
- Produce assessment reports that are technically accurate, understandable to parents/guardians, and covey clear recommendations for parents/guardians and professionals.
- Communicate assessment results to parents/guardians and assist them in accurately understanding any technical information.
- Provide individual and family therapy using best practices and evidence-based interventions related to presenting concerns and family needs.
- Document all therapy sessions in the Electronic Medical Record in a timely manner.
- Prompt and regular attendance is required for this position.
Post Doctorate Internships Available
- Doctorate in Psychology from an APA-accredited university program
- Current Kansas license (or eligible to be licensed).
- Must maintain current licensure with the state of Kansas.
- Experience in conducting individualized psychological assessments of children.
- Knowledge of current theory and practice related to interventions for children with learning and/or behavioral difficulties.
Heartspring offers a generous benefits package including two weeks paid vacation, sick leave, insurance, and retirement plans. Benefits for licensed positions also include liability insurance, continuing education, licensure, and professional dues.