Pediatric Services Receptionist
The Receptionist for Pediatric Services is responsible for handling all front desk duties, including answering phones, checking patients in, collecting copayments, and canceling/rescheduling appointments. The person who holds this position represents Heartspring's first impression to the families that we serve, to the children that we help to learn and grow.
- Prepare Pediatric Services front office for business each morning; ensure that staff and client refreshments are available throughout the day.
- Answer multi-line telephone system and either direct callers to the appropriate staff member or provide the necessary assistance.
- Check in all incoming clients, and verify demographic and insurance information.
- Collect any required payments, copayments, or Financial Assistance as indicated by EMR software.
- Review pertinent policies with clients as needed.
- Manage and balance daily cash drawer.
- Notify department of any staff cancellations, and contact that staff’s clients to cancel/reschedule appointments.
- Maintain current database on Financial Assistance clients and monitor renewal dates.
- Prompt and regular attendance is required for this position.
EDUCATIONAL, TRAINING, AND LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma, or equivalent.
- Minimum 2 years' experience working in an office environment.
- Knowledge of medical software systems preferred.
Heartspring offers a generous benefit package including two weeks paid vacation, sick leave, insurance, and retirement plans.
Creating hope and opportunity that changes the lives of children with special needs and their families
To apply for this position, please do one of the following: