Pediatric Services Receptionist
The Receptionist for Pediatric Services is responsible for handling all front desk duties, including answering phones, checking patients in, collecting copayments, and canceling/rescheduling appointments. The person who holds this position represents Heartspring's first impression to the families that we serve, to the children that we help to learn and grow.
- Prepare Pediatric Services front office for business each morning; ensure that staff and client refreshments are available throughout the day.
- Answer multi-line telephone system and either direct callers to the appropriate staff member or provide the necessary assistance.
- Check in all incoming clients, and verify demographic and insurance information.
- Collect any required payments, copayments, or Financial Assistance as indicated by EMR software.
- Review pertinent policies with clients as needed.
- Manage and balance daily cash drawer.
- Notify department of any staff cancellations, and contact that staff’s clients to cancel/reschedule appointments.
- Maintain current database on Financial Assistance clients and monitor renewal dates.
- Prompt and regular attendance is required for this position.
EDUCATIONAL, TRAINING, AND LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma, or equivalent.
- Minimum 2 years' experience working in an office environment.
- Knowledge of medical software systems preferred.
Heartspring offers a generous benefit package including two weeks paid vacation, sick leave, insurance, and retirement plans.