President and Chief Executive Officer
Heartspring has retained EFL Associates to identify candidates for the next President and Chief Executive Officer.
The President and Chief Executive Officer (“CEO”) provides leadership to achieve Heartspring's mission in a way that represents the community, organization, and Board objectives. As such, this position will create a shared vision, develop and implement strategies, build operational plans and tactics, and lead a high performing team of professionals, staff, and volunteers to achieve results.
Reporting to the 14 member Board of Trustees, the CEO will lead and develop a team of senior-level direct reports and approximately 500 employees. The CEO manages a budget of $26 million.
Specific responsibilities of this position include:
- In collaboration with the Board, develop the strategic direction of the organization to ensure the delivery of high quality, relevant, and effective programs and services.
- Demonstrate inspired, strategic, and transparent leadership balanced with authenticity, respect for others, and trust-building with all stakeholders, including the Board of Trustees.
- Promote communication and cooperation among divisions to create a spirit of unity in the organization.
- Ensure the organization meets its operating objectives and program goals within budgetary guidelines.
- Retain, recruit, motivate, mentor, and lead a high performing executive team with leadership bench strength in all areas of the organization.
- Represent Heartspring as required, including attendance of important functions, industry events, and public meetings, and work to increase Heartspring’s visibility in the community.
- Ensure compliance with policies and standards set forth by state, federal, and applicable regulatory agencies.
- Interface with and establish relationships with constituencies at the local, state, regional, and national level, community leadership, funders, and the public.
- Sustain a diverse, engaged, and inclusive Board, representative of the community, and willing to leverage and secure resources.
- Generate and grow financial support for the organization. Engage donors, volunteers, and the community-at-large in advancing the mission.
- Along with the chairman of the board, organize and facilitate the functions of the Board of Trustees in carrying out its role as the legally responsible governing body of Heartspring.
- Master's Degree in Nonprofit Management, Business Administration, Finance, Economics, Healthcare Management, or its equivalent.
- Minimum of five years of senior-level nonprofit administrative experience, including leadership and supervision of employees. A background emanating from an educational and/or clinical setting is required.
- Solid business and financial acumen with a minimum of 5 years of experience in fiscal and resource management.
- Proven ability in developing a vision, strategy, and actionable plan with measurable results.
- A skilled communicator who offers consistent and thoughtful messaging to colleagues, team members, and the greater community, through formal and informal channels and many types of media.
- Successful track record in fundraising and working effectively with community providers and local, state, and federal agencies.
- Ability to establish and maintain beneficial relationships with various stakeholders including the Board of Directors, staff, funders/donors, volunteers, and community.
- Keen analytic, organizational, and problem-solving skills, which enable sound decision making.
CRITICAL COMPETENCIES FOR SUCCESS
- Passionate advocate for children
- Collaborative partner who values teamwork & integration
- Motivational and inspirational
- Practices humility, integrity, and an impeccable work ethic
- Commitment to results and excellence with emphasis on accountability
- Financially savvy and politically astute.
Please consider those who might be interested in learning more about this opportunity.
Please visit http://www.eflassociates.com/ to access the job description and apply, or send your application materials to Leslie Shaw, Senior Vice President of EFL Associates, at email@example.com
Heartspring and EFL Associates firmly support the principle and philosophy of equal opportunity for all individuals, regardless of age, race, gender, creed, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected categories.