Registered Nurse (SCHOOL & RESIDENTIAL)
- Manage assigned caseload of students, to include providing appropriate nursing intervention according to scope of practice for minor and emergent health concerns.
- Serve as the on-call medical representative as scheduled.
- Obtain health history for newly enrolling students on assigned team.
- Complete initial health screening, including height, weight, heart rate, B/P, lab work, and TB test administration on all newly enrolling students on assigned team.
- Coordinate referrals to specialists or outside providers, as ordered, and implement recommendations as approved by attending physician.
- Perform routine AIMS exams on students prescribed antipsychotic medications.
- Assist with routine health checks (BM data, vital signs, etc.) as needed.
- Assist with coordination of annual dental and vision exams for students as needed.
- Coordinate hearing screenings or examinations every three years as recommended by Audiology consultants.
- Provide parents/guardians of students written reports regarding student health status, including reports from specialists or outside providers.
- Communicate with parents regarding immunization status of assigned students, and coordinate immunizations as needed, and transcribe immunization records to WebIZ.
- Coordinate medication changes for assigned students.
- Monitor for side effects and effectiveness of medications.
- Participate in weekly Med/Psych meetings and maintain communication with parents of assigned students.
- Conduct regular medical in-service and training to new employees on assigned rotation, and document according to KDHE requirements.
- Provide on-going medical training to staff, as needed for new health/medical conditions arise in the student population.
- Facilitate retraining of staff on medical and health related issues, as needed.
- Review medication errors as they occur and retrain staff, if needed.
- Perform monthly inspections of MARs and medication orders as assigned.
- Perform inspections of medications delivered from pharmacy as assigned.
- Administer medication, as assigned.
- Maintain all student health records in accordance with KDHE requirements.
- Review medical orders on students on an annual basis, and update as needed.
- Administer TB skin tests and Hepatitis B vaccinations to employees as needed.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
Heartspring offers a generous benefits package including three weeks of paid vacation, sick leave, medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, short term disability insurance and retirement plans. Heartspring also offers opportunities to grow within and advance your careers through on-the-job training, internal promotion preferences, and the Heartspring scholarship program to help you go back to school.
Heartspring is a drug-free campus. Heartspring is an EEO employer.