Direct Care Professional- FT and PT Weekends
Who doesn’t love the weekend? Our Heartspring children do!
The Heartspring children and young adults work hard all week learning, growing, finding independence, and meeting goals. What better way to celebrate their success than with some leisure time, recreation, and weekend activities. If you have a passion for working with children and young adults and enjoy seeing goals being met through fun scheduled activities, the Direct Care Professional- Weekend shift will be the most rewarding career journey of your life.
The life-changing role of the Residential Specialist:
Direct Care Professionals change lives! They teach, nurture, and work closely with children and young adults with special needs to help them care for themselves and find independence in their lives. The role of the Direct Care Professional is to help students in areas such as communication, self-help, social skills, and daily living skills. Daily living skills activities include:
- Personal hygiene and grooming
- Eating and meal preparation
- Leisure time, recreation, and weekend activities (Luau, Art Projects, Chalk Day, Bubble Day, and many more)
The ideal candidate is a team player with a true sense of grit, humility, and a compassionate, caring attitude towards others.
We welcome all levels of experience, including (but not limited to) past jobs such as direct support provider, care attendant, home health aide, CNA, and/or educator. Direct care experience working with individuals with special needs is a plus. If you do not have direct care experience, don’t worry – we provide an excellent training program.
FT Weekend Schedules:
Friday 2:45 -10:00 PM
Saturday 7:30 AM-10:00 PM
Sunday 7:30 AM -3:30 PM
PT Weekend Schedules:
Work at least 1 weekend shift each weekend (see options below) and then pick up other available hours, up to 29 hours per week.
Friday 3:15 -10:00 PM
Saturday 7:30 AM-10:00 PM
Sunday 7:30 Am-3:30PM
Requirements for Direct Care Professioanls:
The candidate must have:
- Compassion above all else!
- A desire and passion to work with children and young adults with special needs
- Effective teamwork skills
- A GED or high school diploma
- A valid Kansas driver’s license and a clean driving record
- The physical ability to perform frequent amounts of walking, standing, sitting, stooping, squatting, kneeling, and lifting 30 pounds or more (The job can be quite active.)
- COVID-19 vaccine required per federal mandate, exceptions for medical or religious exemptions will be reviewed per request.
Hourly pay is based on experience starting at $15.00 per hour.
Ready to start changing lives?
Find your purpose with us. Join Heartspring and start the rewarding career you’ve been searching for!
Heartspring offers a generous benefits package for all FT (30 hours or more a week) employees including two weeks of paid vacation, sick leave, medical/dental/vision insurance, and retirement plans. Direct Care Professionals also have many opportunities to grow within and advance their careers at Heartspring through on-the-job training, internal promotion preferences, and the Heartspring scholarship program to help you go back to school.
Heartspring is a drug-free campus. Heartspring is an EEO employer.