Revenue Cycle Management, Manager
The Revenue Cycle Management (RCM) Manager is responsible for supervising front desk, scheduling, insurance staff and the Account Management Lead. This role will provide guidance based on reports and data for scheduling all disciplines, including insurance specific requirements. Documentation and billing audits will be completed in accordance with compliance guidelines providing training and education when needed. Clear and timely communication and coordination with team members and supported departments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The RCM Manager will supervise & guide front desk, scheduling and insurance staff through utilization of data analysis to ensure scheduling efficiency, insurance authorizations and coordination of benefits with families maintains quality customer services. This role will guide, maintain, support and implement all aspects of software to ensure maximization of utilization is achieved.
- Meet with Managers, Team Leads, Directors and/or Assistant Director of supported departments regarding all revenue cycle management aspects.
- Provide supervision, staff development, and leadership for front desk, scheduling and insurance staff, including performance appraisals.
- Oversee appropriate staffing needs and maintaining time sheets.
- Provide training on proper documentation, coding and billing to providers and billing staff.
- Maintain positive customer relationships with clients/guarantors, RCM staff and all providers.
- Evaluate and address insurance issues with flexibility, efficiency and assess those processes to promote revenues.
- Monitor all open appointments, waitlist and pending referrals providing guidance to facilitate efficient use of therapy times.
- Monitor attendance based on policies and make decisions accordingly.
- Ensure the lobby & equipment is well maintained and work with appropriate departments when needed.
- Regular attendance is required for this position.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge and Skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required.
- Analytical Thinking – the ability to analyze information and use logic to address work-related issues and problems.
- Attention to Detail – job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing assigned tasks.
- Data Entry – ability to enter accurate information into a computer program or system.
- Dependability – job requires being reliable and responsible to fulfill obligations.
- Integrity – job requires being honest, ethical, and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Listening – ability to listen effectively and obtain information from others.
- Organizational Skills – prioritize, organize, and accomplish assigned tasks by deadlines.
- Speaking – the ability to communicate orally to convey information effectively.
- Time Management – managing one's own time to produce results.
- Writing – ability to communicate effectively in writing to convey information.
Educational, Experience, and Licensure Requirements
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the education and experience required.
- Proficiency of medical software systems required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook required.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in medical office management.
- Must be able to pass drug test and background checks.
Required Organizational Competencies
- Advocacy: Uses expertise to influence and advocate for improved practice and to advance organizational outcomes.
- Analytical Thinking: Demonstrates the ability to analyze information and use logic to address work-related issues and problems.
- Collaboration: Demonstrates the ability to work productively within and across teams to achieve goals that are customer centered.
- Communication: Applies a customer centered approach to deliver and exchange information that leads to mutual understanding.
- Critical Thinking: Demonstrates ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- Expertise: Demonstrates advancing knowledge, skills and abilities in role and in field of practice.
- Integrity: Demonstrates quality of honest, ethical, and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Organizational Advancement: Demonstrates actions that support organizational growth based on a shared understanding of the current and future Heartspring operating environment.
- Professionalism: Demonstrates attitudes, behaviors and orientations that are consistent with the conduct, aims and qualities that characterize Heartspring.
- Able to perform significant, prolonged, and frequent amounts of walking, standing, sitting, stooping, squatting, bending, twisting, reaching, and kneeling.
- Frequent use of technology, such as phone, iPod, iPad, computer and keyboard.
- Occasional reaching, grasping and pulling.
- Office environment, indoors, climate controlled.
- Occasional exposure to all weather conditions, including heat, cold, wind, rain, and snow/ice.
Heartspring offers a generous benefits package including three weeks of paid vacation, sick leave, medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, short term disability insurance and retirement plans. Heartspring also offers opportunities to grow within and advance your careers through on-the-job training, internal promotion preferences, and the Heartspring scholarship program to help you go back to school.
Heartspring is a drug-free campus. Heartspring is an EEO employer.