If you have a passion for serving children with disabilities and a gift of organization, details and administration, joining the outpatient support team at Heartspring will be the most rewarding career journey of your life. Each year, hundreds of families reach out to Heartspring for resources for their children age birth to 18. Our Scheduling Coordinator’s help facilitate families receiving the resources and support that they need.
- Complete intake discussions with new patient families and initiate and/or update patient demographics.
- Schedule patients for evaluations and treatment of all therapy disciplines.
- Update schedules in EMR system based on provider availability, patient needs, and family accommodations.
- Manage staff and patient coverage as cancellations occur.
- Reconcile appointments to ensure they are canceled, deleted or checked out.
Secondary Job Functions:
- Provide coverage at the front desk.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Knowledge, & Skills:
- High School Diploma required.
- 2 years of medical office experience required.
- Experience with EMR/EHR, Microsoft Outlook, and Excel required.
- Experience in OT/PT/ST/Behavioral Health or other specialist office preferred.
- 3-5 years of scheduling experience preferred.
- Able to perform significant, prolonged, and frequent amounts of walking, standing, sitting, stooping, squatting, bending, twisting, reaching, and kneeling.
- Frequent use of portable technology, such as iPod, iPad, computer and keyboard.
- Office environment, indoors, climate-controlled.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Attention to Detail – Meticulous attention to detail and thorough completion of tasks as assigned.
- Collaboration – Close and cooperative work with Heartspring Pediatric Services therapists.
- Data Entry – Ability to enter data collected into iPod quickly and accurately.
- Dependability – Must be reliable, responsible, and dependable, and able to fulfill obligations.
- Integrity – Must be honest, ethical, and maintain confidentiality.
- Judgement – Quickly assess situations and make proper behavioral judgments, especially in emergency situations.
- Listening – Able to listen effectively and obtain information from others.
- Speaking – Communicate effectively in oral form with a diverse group of clients, parents/caregivers, and other agency staff.
- Team-oriented – Ability to work effectively within a team environment.
- Bi-lingual candidates encouraged to apply
Benefits:Heartspring offers a generous benefits package including three weeks of paid vacation, sick leave, medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, short term disability insurance and retirement plans. Heartspring also offers opportunities to grow within and advance your careers through on-the-job training, internal promotion preferences, and the Heartspring scholarship program to help you go back to school.
Heartspring is a drug-free campus. Heartspring is an EEO employer.