- Conduct and draft comprehensive psycho-educational assessments, analyze, and interpret results for students and participate in IEP meetings when this information is used to indicate needed services.
- Provide individual and group therapy per IEP requirements.
- Integrate psycho-educational services into the student serving environments as appropriate.
- Attend weekly/biweekly Student Review meetings as scheduled.
- Complete monthly progress reports on assigned students.
- Provide consultation and assistance to team members in the design and implementation of appropriate interventions and accommodations for students.
- Contribute to program development that emphasizes the integration of social and emotional skills into student serving areas.
- Provide and participate in professional development for staff, parents, and/or community.
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with peers, families, and school partners.
- Maintain confidential records.
- Understand and commit to following related law and regulations for our students served.
- Conduct student observations in student serving environments.
- Maintain a high level of knowledge regarding special education laws, rules, and regulations.
- Establish and maintain a school climate that enhances the special education experience for students, families, and school programs.
- Identify, analyze, and apply research findings to promote school improvement.
- Assume responsibility for own professional growth, for keeping current with special education regulations, literature, new research findings, and for attending appropriate professional meetings and conferences.
- Serve on committees, task forces, or work groups as requested.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by direct supervisor or designated personnel i.e., serving on committees, task forces, or work groups, etc., as requested.
Educational, Training, and Licensure Requirements
- Ed.D., or comparable in Education.
- State and/or national School Psychology certification.
- Maintain current licensure with organization.
- Must maintain Non-Crisis Intervention certification.
- Must maintain CPR certification.
- Able to perform significant, prolonged, and frequent amounts of walking, standing, sitting, stooping, squatting, bending, twisting, reaching, and kneeling.
- Regular lifting of up to 10 pounds.
- Occasional lifting of up to 30 pounds.
- Sitting at a desk for long periods of time.
- Constant use of overall vision with continuous reading and close-up work.
- Hand and finger dexterity for frequent repetitive writing, typing, grasping, reaching, and pulling.
- Hearing and talking skills in person and on the phone.
- Occasionally wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including masks, gloves, helmets, arm guards and leg guards.
- Occasional working outside without a temperature-controlled environment.
- Occasional potential exposure to infectious disease, parasites, bodily fluids, and blood-borne pathogens.
- Potential exposure to physical contact from students, including slapping, hitting, punching, kicking, head-butting, and biting.
- Occasional exposure to all weather conditions, including heat, cold, wind, rain, and snow/ice.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- The ability to analyze information and use logic to address work-related issues and problems.
- Must be reliable, responsible, and dependable, and to fulfill obligations.
- Must demonstrate the highest level of integrity, be honest, ethical, and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to listen effectively and obtain information from others.
- Must have thorough knowledge and understanding of human behavior and performance, psychological research methods, and the assessment and treatment of behavioral disorders.
- Ability to communicate both orally and verbally in order to convey information effectively.
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment.
- Ability to manage one's own time and the time of others.
Heartspring offers a generous benefits package including three weeks of paid vacation, sick leave, medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, short term disability insurance and retirement plans. Heartspring also offers opportunities to grow within and advance your careers through on-the-job training, internal promotion preferences, and the Heartspring scholarship program to help you go back to school.
Heartspring is a drug-free campus. Heartspring is an EEO employer.