The Heartspring residential program is growing! We are seeking a psychologist for our school program.
The School Psychologist is responsible for providing psychological and behavioral reports on the students served by the Heartspring School. The psychologist will work directly with students as well as attend required meetings, complete evaluations and reports, and update data on students.
Heartspring school psychologists work as part of an inter-disciplinary team that includes teachers, speech therapists, occupational therapists, medical professionals and residential supervisors. Our collaborative approach is designed to help students achieve their greatest possible levels of independence.
As a School Psychologist at Heartspring, you will:
- Complete psychological educational testing as required.
- Participate on the MTSS team
- Facilitate the drafting of Individualized Education Plans (IEPs) on students
- Facilitate and draft intake reports for new students
- Facilitate and draft transient assessment reports
- Attend IEP meetings on all re-evaluations
- Work closely with the Special Education Services Coordinator
- Complete assessments as needed (DASH, Vanderbilt, ABC, Depression Inventory, etc.).
- Attend meetings with parents and school districts
- Prompt and regular attendance is required for this position.
Secondary functions include:
- Assist with presentations at new hire orientations as needed.
- Provide individual therapy to students as needed.
- Conduct group therapy sessions
- Assist with support calls and behavior management from all classrooms and group homes.
- Meet with assigned classroom and group home staff weekly.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
Experience working with Autism and other developmental disabilities preferred.
- Masters’ Degree in target or related field.
- Must maintain C&PI certification (annual).
- Must maintain CPR certification.
- Must maintain current licensure with state and/or national organization.
Heartspring offers a competitive salary based on related work experience.
Heartspring offers a generous benefit package including paid vacation, paid holidays, sick leave, group insurance and retirement plans. Benefits for licensed positions also include liability insurance, some continuing education, licensure and professional dues.
Creating hope and opportunity that changes the lives of children with special needs and their families
To apply for this position, please do one of the following: