The Senior Accountant will assist with the day to day operations in the accounting department. They will be responsible for the management of the 403(b) retirement plan and prepare documents for audits, budgets, and regulatory compliance requirements.
- Responsible for the management of the 403(b) retirement plan including:
- Preparation of documents to meet regulatory compliance requirements.
- Completing bi-weekly internal audit of plan transactions to ensure that we are adhering with plan document specifications and employee eligibility requirements.
- Submitting bi-weekly payroll contributions to TIAA in accordance with ERISA guidelines.
- Tracking employee eligibility and vesting.
- Keeping TIAA website updated with employee terminations and vesting information.
- Being a resource to employees regarding all plan details.
- Coordinating the external 403(b) audit.
- Responsible for reconciling all bank accounts monthly.
- Monitor and maintain self-insured health insurance accounts to ensure proper funding for claim withdrawals.
- Reconcile and maintain balance sheet accounts.
- Compute monthly amount due for company paid life and disability insurance.
- Coordinate with Human Resources for bi-weekly payroll funding including: uploading direct deposit file to the bank and submitting tax payments.
- Reconcile and file quarterly Federal 941 and State Unemployment reports.
- Reconcile and file annual W2s
- Prepare financial analyses and reports.
- Assist with contract preparation and review.
- Prepare workpapers for workers compensation audit.
- Assist CFO and Director of Accounting with annual financial audit, budget, and forecasts.
- Prepare and post journal entries.
- Complete special projects as needed.
- Prompt and regular attendance is required for this position.
- Backup coverage for Accounts Payable and Cash Receipts
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Educational, Training, and Licensure Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or business administration with a major in accounting.
- Minimum of 3 years experience as an accountant.
- Frequent sitting at desk
- Occasional standing, walking and bending
- Occasional reaching, grasping, pulling
- Occasional lifting of up to thirty pounds
- Frequent use of computer, keyboard and mouse
- Office environment, indoors, climate controlled.
- Frequent use of computer and monitor
Knowledge & Skills
- High level of integrity, dependability, and confidentiality.
- Ability to perform complex work with accuracy while under strict time constraints.
- Strong technical, analytical, and organizational skills in addition to excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Problem analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Advanced knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft Excel required including pivot tables and V-lookup functions.
- Knowledge of accounting software and payroll software required. Blackbaud Financial Edge and UKG-Kronos preferred.
Benefits:Heartspring offers a generous benefits package including three weeks of paid vacation, sick leave, medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, short term disability insurance and retirement plans. Heartspring also offers opportunities to grow within and advance your careers through on-the-job training, internal promotion preferences, and the Heartspring scholarship program to help you go back to school.
Heartspring is a drug-free campus. Heartspring is an EEO employer.