Speech-Language Pathologist - Pediatric Services
Heartspring's Pediatrics Services is the leading provider of services for children with special needs in Wichita, KS and the surrounding communities. Each year, hundreds of families reach out to Heartspring for resources for their children age birth to 21. Our Speech-Language Pathologists (SLPs) are key to creating hope and opportunity for children needing comprehensive speech-language therapy.
Our SLPs work with children ages birth to 21 in an outpatient setting by providing speech/language evaluations, augmentative communication and oral motor assessments and interventions to help them build the skills necessary to have more independent life.
Heartspring is growing and prides itself on investing in our team members with professional development, continuing education, and advancement opportunities.
Some of the major responsibilities for this position include:
- Conduct speech/language, augmentative communication, and oral motor assessments, re-assessments and make recommendations, develop and implement treatment plan when indicated.
- Plan and provide home programs when indicated.
- Maintain records of professional information on each client for whom SLP is responsible within acceptable time.
- Formulate appropriate goals and objectives per individual client’s needs.
- Participate in Outreach to public and medical community.
- Participate in training and supervision of clinical education programs for speech/language pathology students when needed.
- Participate and encourage ideas to enhance new client enrollments.
Must possess a current Kansas Speech Language Pathology license or be eligible for licensure from KSDADS as a Speech Language Pathologist (SLP). Will also consider Clinical Fellowship Year applicants.
Heartspring offers a generous benefit package including vacation, paid holidays, sick leave, group insurance and retirement plans. Benefits for licensed positions also include liability insurance and continuing education.