Speech-Language Pathologist - Pediatric Services
Are you looking for a rewarding career?
Heartspring's Pediatrics Services is the leading provider of services for children with special needs in Wichita, KS and the surrounding communities. Each year, hundreds of families reach out to Heartspring for resources for their children age birth to 21. Our Speech-Language Pathologists (SLPs) are key to creating hope and opportunity for children needing comprehensive speech-language therapy.
If you have a passion for working with children, and if you consider kindness and compassion two of your top strengths, becoming an SLP, at Heartspring will be the most rewarding career journey of your life.
The life-changing role of our Speech-Language Pathologists:
Our SLPs work with children ages birth to 21 in an outpatient setting by providing speech/language evaluations, augmentative communication and oral motor assessments and interventions to help them build the skills necessary to have more independent lives.
Heartspring is growing and prides itself on investing in our team members with professional development, continuing education, and advancement opportunities.
Some of the major responsibilities for this position include:
- Conduct speech/language, augmentative communication, and oral motor assessments, re-assessments and make recommendations, develop and implement treatment plan when indicated.
- Plan and provide home programs when indicated.
- Maintain records of professional information on each client for whom SLP is responsible within an acceptable time.
- Formulate appropriate goals and objectives per individual client’s needs.
- Participate in Outreach to the public and medical community.
- Participate in training and supervision of clinical education programs for speech/language pathology students when needed.
- Participate and encourage ideas to enhance new client enrollments.
Must possess a current Kansas Speech-Language Pathology license or be eligible for licensure from KSDADS as a Speech-Language Pathologist (SLP).
Must possess ASHA Certificate of Clinical Competency.
Heartspring provides competitive compensation based on years of experience.
Heartspring offers health, vision, and dental insurances, paid sick leave and paid vacation, and employees are eligible to begin contributions to a 403 (b) retirement vehicle after their first month of employment. Additionally, we cover national and state membership dues, CEUS up to $1000 annually, licensing, and professional development. Working at Heartspring could make you eligible for Public Service Student Loan Forgiveness.
Heartspring is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.