STEP 3. — Formal acceptance letter (or denial letter) emailed and postal mailed to the parents/guardians and or referring school or agency.
STEP 4. —Explore the possibility of a TOUR with parents/guardians and/or referring school or agency representative.
STEP 5. — An ENROLLMENT date will be offered, once funding is confirmed. Once an enrollment date has been offered, that date will be held for up to two weeks.
- If added to the waiting list, it’s important to stay in regular contact with the Admissions Department.
- Enrollments are determined based on available openings in the classroom and residential setting, as well as the best available fit.
STEP 6. — Once Enrollment is confirmed, the Admissions Department will send parents:
- Admissions Checklist
- Parent Handbook & Enrollment Paperwork
- Packing List & Inventory List
- Psychology Behavior Rating Scales
STEP 7. — An Intake-Student Support Plan meeting is scheduled.
(This meeting is held at least two weeks prior to enrollment day. Parents/guardians, the referring school/agency, and anyone else who knows the student well, should participate via conference call. This is approximately two hours long. This meeting is what helps guide the creation and implementation of a behavior plan, what we call a Student Support Plan.)
STEP 8. — Funding/Contract is secured and is in place for private pay, and/or school/agency funded students.
STEP 9. — Enrollment Day (Sample itinerary below):
- 8:30/9:00 a.m. - Student arrives - goes to classroom
- 9:30 a.m. - Parents meet with Psychology - discuss/approve Student Support Plan (behavior plan)
- 10:30 a.m. - Parents meet with Medical - discuss medical needs, medications, sign some paperwork, etc.
- 11:30 a.m. - Parents meet with Director of Admissions – orientation & finalize all paperwork
- 12:30 p.m. - Parents begin setting up the student’s bedroom in the group home and begin unpacking
- 3:00 p.m. - Parents attend a Team Meeting to discuss student’s first day
- 3:45 p.m. - Parents spend time with student in the group home after school, continue unpacking, etc.
- 5:00 p.m. - Parents leave group home at dinner time – say "good-bye”